Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

I haven't been posting nor following box office much but a $80-$90m opening for WW looks very, very good to me.

I don't know why people were predicting a $150m+ opening for this, that just looks too optimistic.

Given it's critical reception and solid opening, I would say it's mission accomplished for WW. The DCEU needs all the wins it can get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

Soooo where all you 150M+ people at. Heck where is all the 120M+ peeps at?

Right here ?. How's that $65M prediction going?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Hotter take... No superhero movie has ever been the best movie released in any given year in the history of cinema.

Good luck for anyone to watch every movie released in the world of any giving year to be able to have the opinion that it is not a true statement. There is what 5000 movies for every superheroes one, it would be really exceptional for this statement to not be true, and no one could know if it is false.

1 minute ago, franfar said:

no

That's November, not summer

This summer, it's gonna be GOTG2 if it hits like 360-370m. Maybe Despicable Me 3 could challenge it, but I don't think it'll be close. There haven't been enough breakouts

Its already at 357 including this weekend. No way its gonna stop at 360-370. 390+ is likely

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

I haven't been posting nor following box office much but a $80-$90m opening for WW looks very, very good to me.

I don't know why people were predicting a $150m+ opening for this, that just looks too optimistic.

Given it's critical reception and solid opening, I would say it's mission accomplished for WW. The DCEU needs all the wins it can get.

The fact that it's good is without question the most important thing for the DCEU. 

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Its already at 357 including this weekend. No way its gonna stop at 360-370. 390+ is likely

Yeah. Don't see anything challenging it at this point. Not even Homecoming.