Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

21 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I didn't even realize  the film was as long as it was. Showtime started at 9:10(so like 20 minutes of trailers right?) and when I got out it was midnight. When I looked at my phone I couldnt believe it was so late. The movie whizzed by 

I felt the opposite of that but maybe it was because I hadn't eaten in awhile. Pirates and Alien flew by to me, this felt like it's runtime.

7 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Dude there's this insane Homevideo sales total for SS which really debunks the August theory.

Its literally is on pace to beat  GoTG Vol 1 in sales.

If you truly feel MOS gets an unfair shot and add that to this new proof of SS reception along with Wonder Woman reception and the DCEU is 3-1..

Im gonna be honest here I always feel as if Both BVS and SS fan scores were Botched.

A film doesn't do a 2.4x and on its way to 150home video sales along with topping the merchandise sales and have a righteous audience score of 64%.

Its time to face it SS was really a miniature phenomenon as Harley and Joker topped the Halloween 2016.

I'm actually curious to see if it could have been big In China and pushed to the film to a Billion or damn close to it.

Since the film was banned none of the Merchandise was sold over there imagine if the film had the worlds Second Biggest market and connected with the same pop culture teens as the U.S??

You really really think Suicide Squad would have hit $1B if it got released in China? :winomg:

4 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Dude there's this insane Homevideo sales total for SS which really debunks the August theory.

Its literally is on pace to beat  GoTG Vol 1 in sales.

If you truly feel MOS gets an unfair shot and add that to this new proof of SS reception along with Wonder Woman reception and the DCEU is 3-1..

Im gonna be honest here I always feel as if Both BVS and SS fan scores were Botched.

A film doesn't do a 2.4x and on its way to 150home video sales along with topping the merchandise sales and have a righteous audience score of 64%.

Its time to face it SS was really a miniature phenomenon as Harley and Joker topped the Halloween 2016.

I'm actually curious to see if it could have been big In China and pushed to the film to a Billion or damn close to it.

Since the film was banned none of the Merchandise was sold over there imagine if the film had the worlds Second Biggest market and connected with the same pop culture teens as the U.S??

I still don't get why you guys care so much about this. It's the same argument that comes up with every new DC film. Some people like them, some people hate them. They don't have the best WOM up until this point as seen with Batman V Superman. And a 64% score is just above average...that's not a good thing. Look at GOTG2 for example, these films should at least stay in the 70s or 80s.

Some people are willing to accept their flaws and others are not. It is what it is. I don't care what brand it is, if a movies good then it's good. 

But I strongly disagree that both scores were botched, especially if we are referring to the theatrical cut of Batman V Superman. Many people have posted solid reasonings for trashing them and god....hula hoop Cara...I mean Enchantress and her "brother"...so so bad.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

People do realize that this $38M number is from 5pm or so?  Deadline had it there and RTH's quote says "when I looked earlier today" so it could be lower than that or it could be a little higher if the west coast went wild   

It's what we have to work off of, relax. 

Just now, Wonder89 said:

For who was in theaters today, Theater was empty or packed?

The parking lots weren't even full! I swung by my local theater before work and all I saw were empty spots!! I even took a picture: 

1528080843_341b55cec0_b.jpg

*Note this photo was given to me by Disney who also paid me to do this parking lot report.*

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

The parking lots weren't even full! I swung by my local theater before work and all I saw were empty spots!! I even took a picture: 

1528080843_341b55cec0_b.jpg

*Note this photo was given to me by Disney who also paid me to do this parking lot report.*

They have odd looking theaters where you live.

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

You really really think Suicide Squad would have hit $1B if it got released in China? :winomg:

Dude with China you never really know he'll Deadpool even has a shot.

China is a up in the air market,You really should have seen my eyes when I saw Warcraft 213mil total.

A total like that would have put SS at 950mil and Deadpool at 996mil.

Im not saying it would ,I'm saying I'm curious to see how high both films would have gone.

34 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I enjoy it, but I'm a little behind on Season 3. The way Fox scheduled it this season was ridiculous. I still think I prefer the Arrowverse shows however. Which Season 5 of Arrow by the way is  terrific (especially the finale) and makes up for the mess that was Season 4. 

Arrow was fantastic this season. Best season of all the DCTV shows by far for me, topping season one of The Flash, which truly went down the toilet this year, sadly. 

And Gotham continues to be all out mayhem, in the most fun way possible. I'm still in awe of how damn awesome Barbara has become after being perhaps the worst character in the show back in season one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Dude with China you never really know he'll Deadpool even has a shot.

China is a up in the air market,You really should have seen my eyes when I saw Warcraft 213mil total.

A total like that would have put SS at 950mil and Deadpool at 996mil.

Im not saying it would ,I'm saying I'm curious to see how high both films would have gone.

Of course I would be curious as well. And I think both SS and Deadpool would have done well in China and easily flown past $800M with Deadpool probably reaching $850M....maybe $875-880M and Suicide Squad getting to $825-8845M. But I think that's all they would have gotten. 

SS wasn't banned in China. WB hired a Chinese company to secure the release and they fucked up. My friend's friend works for said company :lol:

All the talk about Enchantress, Croc eating people and Katana's Japanese inspired mask being the cause was nonsense. Along with "China doesn't like bad people fighting bad people"

Edited by BeastByTheBay

33 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Looking at historical comparables it's really going to need good holds both Saturday and Sunday to even secure $100m+ now. $95m is absolutely possible. 

Good holds aren't going to be a problem for this movie.