Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Starting to think that Memorial Day spot isn't too good anymore. Thinking there's a good chance Han Solo does under Jurassic World 2 and The Incredibles 2, domestic and maybe worldwide.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

I really think that WW can overperform on Saturday and Sunday.Among the thousands of other reasong i think this could happen one that i also think will be a key player is that fact that WW has the backing of many celebrities.

Lupita Nyong'o (3.8M followers),Jessica Chastain(1.2M followers and 2 posts),Josh Gad(259K followers),Ava Duvernay (823K followers),Joss Whedon(190K followers),Viola Davis(1.3M followers),Kerry Washington (4.6M followers),Felicia Day,Robert Liefeld etc.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Spidey?

I count Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor: Rangarok as team up movies instead of solo movies. However both should do over $100M OW easily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I think both Thor and Black Panther are going to be really over estimated on these boards. 

And Spider man is being underestimated. 

Black Panther is going to benefit massively due to Black History Month domestically at least. I am curious about your predictions for the 3.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Starting to think that Memorial Day spot isn't too good anymore. Thinking there's a good chance Han Solo does under Jurassic World 2 and The Incredibles 2, domestic and maybe worldwide.

It's just the movies they've been putting there that aren't very appealing, not the weekend itself.

• Like 4

Just now, YourMother said:

Black Panther is going to benefit massively due to Black History Month domestically at least. I am curious about your predictions for the 3.

Spider-Man $110-115M OW for a total of $300-310M 

Thor: $85-90M OW for a total of $230-240M 

Black Panther: $90-95M OW for a total of $260-270M 

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

It's just the movies they've been putting there that aren't very appealing, not the weekend itself.

This is true, we've seen movies be huge in that slot like Pirates AWE, Hangover Part II, X-Men DOFP but it's also had its fair share of flops.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I have no doubt Han Solo will be appealing (Gods Lord and Miller are directing), but it has a lot of competition in its first four weeks and I think there's a good chance something moves to May 11th and May 18th weekends too. I can see a ROTS/RO type 4 Day ($170M) but finishes at about $380M-$420M.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Spider-Man $110-115M OW for a total of $300-310M 

Thor: $85-90M OW for a total of $230-240M 

Black Panther: $90-95M OW for a total of $260-270M 

Black Panther also has a four day OW too. I can see all of these happening.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I was only doing the 3 day because the other films have 3 day weekends

That's also what I'm thinking for the 3 Day, with a 4 day O/U $115M-$120M, however I think it'll rule February and early March (Even though I see Wrinkle breaking out, Disney will attach Panther in double features).

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think both Thor and Black Panther are going to be really over estimated on these boards. 

And Spider man is being underestimated. 

The underestimation in HC is already here as Also the over estimations of T:R and BP are here as well