Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Toldja GOTG was better.

You also fave the film positive remarks though. I can not do the same at all. Shits all over a sacred franchise. OST was significantly better

• Like 1

Ocean's 8 is going to be a big fat stinking hit if it's decent, IMO. This summer actually looks good quality wise (My Cousin Rachel, It Comes At Night, Beguiled, Wonder Woman, and Baby Driver this month!) but next summer looks alot better at the box office. 

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

You also fave the film positive remarks though. I can not do the same at all. Shits all over a sacred franchise. OST was significantly better

You saw Pirates? Why would you do that to yourself

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

So Excel is done posting here, right?

Excel will show up every time there's a new DC movie to hype it to the moon, as he always has

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, DAR said:

With JL is it going to be what have you done for me lately, WW?  Or we haven't forgotten what you've done overall?(Not exactly my feelings)

If reviews are good, the WW halo will help it, if reviews are bad, it will suffer thanks to BvS. Critical reception for JL is pretty important. Doesn't need 90%, anything above 70 will ensure people on the fence giving it a shot. 

WW is doing like I expected. O/U 100m was always the Benchmark IMO. People just got way ahead of themselves with overpredictions the last couple of weeks. I feel the same will happen with Black Panther, Justice League and possibly most other comic book films.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James said:

Because it is probably the best movie of the year so far? :P

FUCK YOU JAMES

WE CANT EVEN GET A PROPER SWORD FIGHT IN A POTC MOVIE ANYMORE

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Nova said:

That's where my thought is at the moment and until I see something that shows otherwise (great marketing, glowing reviews etc) I see no point in jumping on the Black Panther over WW train. 

This is really a good ideal .

We have no clue how BP will be marketed or look at his point And are calling for a 110+opening for It.

They must be working really hard as its 9 Months out and we haven't even gotten some cool set photos yet along with A teaser trailer.

If Marvel Shows something at Comic Con this year it will be 7months before the film released and we only we have one look at it.

If Disney expect the film to do 100mil then they better start Marketing the film so it can at least get some recognition.

Brand awareness means nothing if people don't even realize your movie is about to come out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

May/June 2018 is going to be a bloodbath. There's a good chance in that time frame, 5 films can do over $400M domestic.

There's a fair enough chance that five movies in those two months can be bigger than the biggest of summer 2017. I think Deadpool 2 is heading for about a 80 million dollar drop, though. First was a novelty that now feels gone. Big OW, though. Han Solo and Incredibles depend on quality. Avengers is dropping as a franchise. JW is a mortal lock to drop big. So it's a double edged sword - everything is guaranteed to be very, very big, but I can also all five disappointing most expectations. Still though, it's gonna be alot bigger summer.

Jan-April is looking weak compared to this year, though. Black Panther and Wrinkle in Time will be hits, but not BATB/Logan levels. And otherwise, ehhhhhhhhh. We'll see with trailers, though.

• Like 1