YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

4 hours ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Vol 1 - "On Raimi"

Vol 2 - "On Singer"

Vol 3 - "On Snyder"

Vol 4 - "On Whedon and the Glory of the Light"

Vol 5 (and Appendices) - "The Problem with Fandom"

On Raimi

On Singer

On Snyder

On Whedon

On Russo

On Jenkins

On Coogler

And Nolan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

wuh :wacko:

Listen, if she's coming from a party and asking for a ride that means that she's drunk.  She's not going to remember anything in the morning and if she wakes up in someone else's home, she's gonna wonder what the hell is going on and what the hell happened the previous night.  Play it safe, be a gentleman and if you're going to give her a ride, give her a ride back to her place, make sure she makes it safely inside and then leave.

So according to my drive-in's site, full capacity is 425 cars. I'd say they were at least 75% for WW, maybe higher, so that gets us at 319 cars.

By the last 45 minutes of King Arthur, there were only about 30 cars remaining (and I don't blame them; honestly, the most tempted I've ever been to "walk out" of a movie)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, L Silver said:

So, Deadline should have Friday PM estimates in another 15-30 minutes, right?  Hopefully?

hopefully. they have just ignored the mummy all day it seems. can't blame them. like one reviewer smartly put it, meh-my it is.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Aghhh, this girl texted me she just left a party and wants to stay the night at my place. 

Nobody else is home, and idk, should I? Like, idk why she couldn't go back to her place, her family isn't home either I could give her a ride if she needs one 

Offer to spend some time with her. She might be afraid to be home alone.  I do not know your family so I do not how they will fill about her spending the night.  If she does explain the situation to your parents in the morning since they will most likely find out. It will be better if you are honest with them before they question you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

hopefully. they have just ignored the mummy all day it seems. can't blame them. like one reviewer smartly put it, meh-my it is.

The trailers didn't help either.  Made it seem like the movie couldn't decide whether it was The Mummy or Mummy Impossible.  Also, that IMAX trailer with just the sound effects left an impression with moviegoers that the film was going to be colossally stupid.

3rd Update, Friday 11:56PM: No amount of marketing stunts from a 75-foot Sarcophagus in Hollywood to two VR experiences could create any want-to-see for Tom Cruise’s latest movie, Universal’s The Mummy which is tanking stateside this weekend in second place with an estimated $30.9M behind Warner Bros/DC’s Wonder Woman which will own the top spot for a second weekend in a row with $54.3M, -47% and a running cume of $202.1M by Sunday.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/wonder-woman-beats-tom-cruise-mummy-at-the-box-office-1202110164/

:ohmygod:

Deadline hears that Mummy proved to be a problematic shoot; with Cruise in the end literally trying to save the movie in the editing room. In addition, he brought on his Rogue Nation director/scribe Christopher McQuarrie to take a stab at the script. In the end, this is what we got: a mish-mosh of creative angles on screen versus say one singular, vibrant auteurish vision like Jordan Peele brought to Uni/Blumhouse’s Get Out.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 7

HERE WE GO!!!!!

"3rd Update, Friday 11:56PM: No amount of marketing stunts from a 75-foot Sarcophagus in Hollywood to two VR experiences could create any want-to-see for Tom Cruise's latest movie, Universal's The Mummy which is tanking stateside this weekend in second place with an estimated $30.9M behind Warner Bros/DC's Wonder Woman which will own the top spot for a second weekend in a row with $54.3M, -47% and a running cume of $202.1M by Sunday. "

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, L Silver said:

The trailers didn't help either.  Made it seem like the movie couldn't decide whether it was The Mummy or Mummy Impossible.  Also, that IMAX trailer with just the sound effects left an impression with moviegoers that the film was going to be colossally stupid.

Which was silly, it was just an audio mistake lmao.

25 minutes ago, BeastByTheBay said:

She wants something that you have

24 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

Don't overthink it, dude. Take her to your place and have a good time.

23 minutes ago, L Silver said:

I could see this turning into a big problem in the morning if she stays at your place.  I would offer to take her back to her home.

4 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Offer to spend some time with her. She might be afraid to be home alone.  I do not know your family so I do not how they will fill about her spending the night.  If she does explain the situation to your parents in the morning since they will most likely find out. It will be better if you are honest with them before they question you.

My parents would be cool with it. Apparently a bunch of shit just started to happen at the party so she left. She works super early in the morning so I said she should probably go home to sleep so we're just gonna watch part of a movie for a bit I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yep, WW shaping up to have a CBM multi for the ages. And  practically no direct competition next weekend either. Look out BvS!

It's gonna play well until Spider-Man. DM3 might hurt it a bit, but Transformers I'd argue isn't really that much of competition either

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My parents would be cool with it. Apparently a bunch of shit just started to happen at the party so she left. She works super early in the morning so I said she should probably go home to sleep so we're just gonna watch part of a movie for a bit I guess.

Make sure you ask her to text you when she gets home. It will be late out so make sure she is safe