YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

Dat Covfefe drop. 

9.). Alien: Covenant (FOX), 1,814 theaters (-846) / $481k  Fri. (-58%)  /3-day cume: $1.7M (-59%)/Total: $71.1M/Wk 4

It is on track to drop 60% or more for the 3rd weekend in a row. Hilarious run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Dat Covfefe drop. 

It is on track to drop 60% or more for the 3rd weekend in a row. Hilarious run.

Those damn casuals, killing good cinema!

Also killing my summer game but at least we're all fucked on that front.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

My issue with Spider-Man Homecoming is that a lot of it (from what I've seen in the trailers) are visuals and sequences that are all too similar to the five Spider-Man movies before it and now you're throwing in Tony Stark and just ugh...  I'd so much have preferred this to be a true Spidey solo film.  

That said,  I'm aware that I'm in the minority.  I think it will open huge (something like $140M+). 

I am in the minority too when it comes to SM:H, and I know that it will be a huge hit, but I am avoiding it like the plague; the trailers (especially RDJ's schtick and what seems to me like Iron-Spider, a storyline from the comics that I never liked) have managed to turn me off completely.

Edited by Cochofles

It's gonna be hilarious when fucking Cars 3 gets the 2nd non-superhero (and only the 4th overall) 40M+ opener of the Summer so far.

Just to give you a clue, we had FIVE 40M+ openers in consecutive succession in March - Logan, Kong, BATB, Power Rangers and Boss Baby. Which...... may have had something to do w/the burnt off demand before Summer, but nevertheless, it's funny that there has been more movement in March than in all of the Summer so far (though it's only been a month and two weeks).

5 hours ago, L Silver said:

HERE WE GO!!!!!

"3rd Update, Friday 11:56PM: No amount of marketing stunts from a 75-foot Sarcophagus in Hollywood to two VR experiences could create any want-to-see for Tom Cruise's latest movie, Universal's The Mummy which is tanking stateside this weekend in second place with an estimated $30.9M behind Warner Bros/DC's Wonder Woman which will own the top spot for a second weekend in a row with $54.3M, -47% and a running cume of $202.1M by Sunday. "

$54.3M - oh, that is a glorious number!  Maybe it will even inch up a few more million before the weekend is done!

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

It's gonna be hilarious when fucking Cars 3 gets the 2nd non-superhero (and only the 4th overall) 40M+ opener of the Summer so far.

Just to give you a clue, we had FIVE 40M+ openers in consecutive succession in March - Logan, Kong, BATB, Power Rangers and Boss Baby. Which...... may have had something to do w/the burnt off demand before Summer, but nevertheless, it's funny that there has been more movement in March than in all of the Summer so far (though it's only been a month and two weeks).

Cars, Transformers, DM3, Spiderman and Apes will do 40M on consecutive weekends. Dunkirk might join them as well. But the difference is that in March everything over performed, I can see 3 or 4 of those movies underperforming to expectations. Won't be surprised if TF5 has to Puerto Rico to 100M 5-day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Cars, Transformers, DM3, Spiderman and Apes will do 40M on consecutive weekends. VALERIAN might join them as well. But the difference is that in March everything over performed, I can see 3 or 4 of those movies underperforming to expectations. Won't be surprised if TF5 has to Puerto Rico to 100M 5-day.

ftfy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Cars, Transformers, DM3, Spiderman and Apes will do 40M on consecutive weekends. Dunkirk might join them as well. But the difference is that in March everything over performed, I can see 3 or 4 of those movies underperforming to expectations. Won't be surprised if TF5 has to Puerto Rico to 100M 5-day.

Yeah, I sure hope that all of those movies (except Transformers, fuck that shit) follow Diana's league and overperform for a change. The reason I put it that way is because March not only had all of those big performers, but most, if not all of them went above expectations, and that just gave March an extra adrenaline that I haven't seen in the Summer yet beyond Guardians 2 and especially Wonder Woman. Pirates 5 has the 6th biggest OW of the year, but failed to captivate anyone, while Get Out set the forum on fire w/a 30M+ opening. I'm not even sure if The Last Knight will 100M in the 5-day, anymore.

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wonder Woman is a Goddamn juggernaut. Sub 50% drop for a 100M+ opening superhero movie is surreal. That wom is, no pun intended, wonderful.

On the other hand, The Mummy is a Goddamn disaster. I honestly believe it's almost gonna make Alien: Covenant look good (hell, Covenant cost less to begin with).

Also, mega whoof for It Comes At Night. I was rooting for that to breakout, and I'm looking forward to watching it, but I can't blame audiences for rejecting chicanery. Mismarketing sucks.

And, for a pretty overlooked story:

Despite WW crushing it, this movie is still holding and doing very well. While I'm not sure anymore about it being the safe frontrunner for Summer winner, as WW may have legs to come scarily close to it (assuming Spidey doesn't completely stop its legs in July, which I doubt will happen if the WW-Guardians co-existance is proof) and Spidey/DM3 are both contenders as well, this is still definitely touching 380M DOM and finishing respectably close to Civil War and IM3, despite a much smaller OW. Quite impressive.

Now, that almost sounds like my 1st convert:)...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jack said:

The curse is broken.

Sub-50% drop is safe now!!!

"SILLY, WEIRD, NOT REALISTIC, DISAPPOINTMENT"

C'mon!!!!

You were so so wrong to think thay WW will behave like those SH movies (MOS, DC, GOTG2, Logan, etc.)

This film was a surprise since DAY1, and keeps going that way.

That would mean anything will be beyond expectation and some never-before things will happen.

I was talking about sub-50% drop since last Sunday and most people thought it's silly.

Now what?

Now, it takes down GOTG 2 for the summer spot - you know that - I gave you the script:)...makes for a perfect summer story!

• Like 1

I think the unusually strong hold can be mostly attributed to the fact a lot of people may have avoided Wonder Woman's first weekend after three stinkers from DC in a row. Makes you think how much it could of opened to.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

Do I even want to know why you're mentioning me in a comment in regards to good WOM or do you just like to start shit? 

He's a hah hah I'm right you're wrong type of dude.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, I sure hope that all of those movies (except Transformers, fuck that shit) follow Diana's league and overperform for a change. The reason I put it that way is because March not only had all of those big performers, but most, if not all of them went above expectations, and that just gave March an extra adrenaline that I haven't seen in the Summer yet beyond Guardians 2 and especially Wonder Woman. Pirates 5 has the 6th biggest OW of the year, but failed to captivate anyone, while Get Out set the forum on fire w/a 30M+ opening. I'm not even sure if The Last Knight will 100M in the 5-day, anymore.

Not sure how much it matters,but very few discounts to be had at the main online ticket buying sites the last few weeks - way different than March...could be a part (small, big, who knows) of the difference...

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

He's a hah hah I'm right you're wrong type of dude.

But why mention me? When did I ever speak about Wonder Woman's WOM? And if I did speak about it having "bad" WOM (which i know I didn't) I was trolling and stirring the pot. 

• Like 1