YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

1 minute ago, James said:

Technically speaking the guillotine was more of thing in the times before him, with Robespierre. :P As for the other 2: yes and yes. :P Quick, call @Fullbuster. He would be proud! 

James, James, James... do you not know that you must always choose the lesser of two weevils?

• Like 3

Also, wow that's a great hold for WW! Should be on par with Mockingjay Part 2 at the same point of time by Sunday. That one finish with $280 million with late holiday boost and non summer weekdays. I think $300 million is very much possible.

Incredible hold for Wonder Woman. $300M+ DOM locked up now. Looking like it's get to high end of my earlier range likely finish around $325M DOM. Oh, and an outstanding hold for Guardians Vol 2 as well. That's starting to look like $390M will happen for Quill and Co. too. It's the summer of CBM pleasing the masses in a big way. Spidey Homecoming's gonna break the fuck out too.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Napoleon is one of the greatest generals in history, third imo behind ALexander and Caesar, and an amazing politician and ruler. Further most of the wars he is associated with were declared on him by the British and other European monarchs scared of the French Revolution and Napoleon's regime

I actually wanted to write the same Top 3! Those 3 are the Holy Trinity of war.:lol: Gosh, I want some historical movies!

• Like 1

IRON MAN 1 seems to be a solid comp for how WW's doing so far. (Wondy is running a little ahead of it and has the benefit of summer weekdays now). I doubt it will have the late legs that IM1 had -- nature of the beast these days with current release patterns -- but it should be well ahead of it by the next few weeks. More than enough to push well past its domestic total. 

So 320m seems like the current floor unless its legs weaken in the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

@alisson23

Lighten up Francis. 

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This is much more in support of Eyez than in spite against WW.

You're being overreactive in general.  Stop.  You're embarrassing yourself.

Why "Eyez on me over WW's third weekend" and not "Eyez on me OW at #1"? Simple and objective. There's no need to mention WW, a movie which Nova didn't like so much and said it is generic.

4 minutes ago, James said:

Well, no one did, that is the nature of empires lol. But most civil laws Europe and the US have are inspired by his work in the field, so... But speaking of Napleon, I would kill for a movie detailing his rise to power. And side note: he was of average height. 

Really showed his military "brilliance" through the Russia campaign.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, alisson23 said:

Why "Eyez on me over WW's third weekend" and not "Eyez on me OW at #1"? Simple and objective. There's no need to mention WW, a movie which Nova didn't like so much and said it is generic.

People do this all the time -- it's always more interesting and fun to put a movie as the challenge instead of a number (IMO). Wondy is the current queen of the box-office so it makes sense to challenge her. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Because there's Cars 3 coming the same weekend and most likely taking the #1 spot?

Edited by Captain H
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, God Emperor Tele said:

IRON MAN 1 seems to be a solid comp for how WW's doing so far. (Wondy is running a little ahead of it and has the benefit of summer weekdays now). I doubt it will have the late legs that IM1 had -- nature of the beast these days with current release patterns -- but it should be well ahead of it by the next few weeks. More than enough to push well past its domestic total. 

So 320m seems like the current floor unless its legs weaken in the next couple of weeks. 

Yup. Thinking $325M+... Wouldn't shock me if it becomes DCEU's highest DOM earner and passes BvS. I'd say the ceiling's probably $350M+ with a more realistic ceiling around $335M DOM.

• Like 2

Yeah, yeah, we know you want even better legs for your club:P And since I am in that club, it better have insane legs. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Never mind 

Edited by Nova

It also reminds me a bit of Batman Begins (only with an inflated OW).  A well-received origin film coming off of mixed predecessors.

Either way, I can see WW becoming the new face of the DCEU, the way Iron Man is for Marvel.  

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yup. Thinking $325M+... Wouldn't shock me if it becomes DCEU's highest DOM earner and passes BvS. I'd say the ceiling's probably $350M+ with a more realistic ceiling around $335M DOM.

35m+ next weekend would put 350m in play, I think. One of the benefits of overperforming is theaters will try to keep it on screens as long as possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Really showed his military "brilliance" through the Russia campaign.

Every military leader made bad moves at some point. That was Napoleon's. That doesn't make him any less brilliant. 

3 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

I assume you've seen ROME? (Not a movie, I know).

I actually watched one or two episodes before my exam period began. I have a 2 more weeks and I am done with it, then binge time for me!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

3 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

People do this all the time -- it's always more interesting and fun to put a movie as the challenge instead of a number (IMO). Wondy is the current queen of the box-office so it makes sense to challenge her. 

Plus, All Eyez on Me won't necessarily open to #1 that weekend even if it's above WW.  Cars 3 could potentially open in the 50-60m range, which is a completely different target.

And yeah, it's always more fun to pick a fanboy film as your target because it raises hairs.  It's why I made my BATB club over TDK instead of 500m (and in hindsight I should have stuck with 500m).

• Like 1