WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

WB should go for the 40m estimate, no one cares if the actuals for the 3rd weekend end up being 1 or 2m lower

Based on the past two weekends, WB will probably lowball it at $39.5-40.5 million only for actuals to show it did $1-2 million more on Sunday :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am thinking its going to stay flat. Its behaving like a juggernaut. So that will pull in new audience. 

I´ll go further in my bet, i say today is +5%

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

If it makes you feel better, Dory only missed 500M because it was kicked hard in the ovaries by SLOP. This year, since there have been multiple instances of two movies w/the same audience sharing room for each other just fine, I think Wondy won't really be hurt by Spidey.

That being said, 400M, as awesome as it would be for it (and Guardians 2, c'mon) to hit the mark, may be a bit too high. But then again, considering how it's holding in its 3rd weekend, it's far from impossible to happen.

Can you imagine if GotG2, WW and SM all somehow hit 400M DOM? Next year every week would have a superhero movie lmao.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

the pressure is on Disney to keep locations for GOTG 2 to retain #1 of the summer.  Usually May Marvel kickoffs do not have 1000 theaters over Fourth of July.  Disney is going to have to spend to buck that trend.  Wonder Woman should get double features with Dunkirk and a Labor-Day expansion.

Excuse my ignorance, but how does that work? Do studios decide how many screens a film get, or does the theater owner? How do they decide how many screens to allocate each film?

Yesterday at the theater I was at, WW was sold out so I'm assuming the theater left money on the table by not having enough screens allocated to it?

1 minute ago, grimfandango said:

Excuse my ignorance, but how does that work? Do studios decide how many screens a film get, or does the theater owner? How do they decide how many screens to allocate each film?

Yesterday at the theater I was at, WW was sold out so I'm assuming the theater left money on the table by not having enough screens allocated to it?

Theaters get to decide when to drop movies. Sometimes studios will pressure theaters into keeping their movies (Disney is prone to do this) or give them incentives to keep it or bring it back like lower rental fees.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

lmao @ Rough Night. I seriously question if we're going to have a comedy open over 20M this summer until Hitman's Bodyguard.

I think the House can open to mid 20's

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Theaters get to decide when to drop movies. Sometimes studios will pressure theaters into keeping their movies (Disney is prone to do this) or give them incentives to keep it or bring it back like lower rental fees.

Interesting. How does a studio pressure a theater into keeping a movie?

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

I think the House can open to mid 20's

It largely depends on what stunts Will Ferrell pulls in his late night rounds this week. If he can generate a lot of buzz, I'd be willing to predict a 20M OW again.