WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

He's seen it. :) (It's a bit scary for him so he doesn't rewatch as often as some others, but it's in the general rotation). 

You need to show him new classics.  Has he seen The Lego Movie, Tintin, and Rango?

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

Yes, yes, no. (I'll show him the trailer and see if he's interested).

(I need his thoughts on the ones he's seen)

And fucking show him Rango!  It's great.  He'll probably really like it if good taste runs in the family :).

Oh, wait...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ooh, Allied was very good. Despite its slowness at times, the film is always engaging, and those final 10 minutes are an absolute gutpunch. 

All this Allied talk reminds me I still need to get the steelbook that was released here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Speaking of quality children's entertainment, the Tele household is currently (re)watching CURSE OF THE WERE-RABBIT. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Holy shit, you showed him Coraline?! Poor kid. That shit gave me nightmares.

Could either of you be nice enough to open threads for the new movies in RTM section? Thank you.

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

(I need his thoughts on the ones he's seen)

And fucking show him Rango!  It's great.  He'll probably really like it if good taste runs in the family :).

Oh, wait...

He really likes the LEGO Movie. He was binge-watching it for awhile (it's fallen out of the rotation recently). He also liked LEGO Batman but hasn't pushed to watch it again. He liked Tintin but a lot of it went over his head. We're reading the Tintin books now so maybe I'll try a rewatch soon. 

(We also watched the opening 15 min of FOTR this evening). :ph34r: 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

He really likes the LEGO Movie. He was binge-watching it for awhile (it's fallen out of the rotation recently). He also liked LEGO Batman but hasn't pushed to watch it again. He liked Tintin but a lot of it went over his head. We're reading the Tintin books now so maybe I'll try a rewatch soon. 

Show him Iron Man...and steer him towards my alma mater...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Have you shown him other Laika films like Paranorman?

Also nothing wrong with showing your kid some PG-13 material (show him more of FOTR today BTW), just as long as it's not a bad influence on him. Makes me jealous too, my mom wouldn't really let me watch a PG-13 film until I was like 9. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

What are his all time favorites?

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I am waiting for you to show him Jurassic Park.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

He's seen it. :) (It's a bit scary for him so he doesn't rewatch as often as some others, but it's in the general rotation). 

Some age appropriate films for Tele Jr (but that'll also culture him):

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Princess Mononoke

Watership Down

The Princess Bride

Mary Poppins

Modern Times

Hard to be a God

The Sound of Music

The Wizard of Oz

Magic Mike

Anne of Green Gables