grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Yeah, but JW was so huge that a $400m floor for the sequel seems reasonable.

It's the hugeness that worries me on a floor (without seeing a trailer)...that movie came out when there were no kid movies in the market and so it got 1st dibs on all the kids and families (part of the reason Inside Out legged out was b/c this was overshadowing it a bit since IO opened in its wake a week later)...nostalgic mom and dad took Johnny and Janie to see this in droves...and yet the movie seemed to appeal also as a full adult-skewing movie...

Is the sequel gonna have both that perfect timing and perfect "thread the needle" skew?  I'd say definitely no to the 1st and unknown to the 2nd...

So, if you asked me for a floor, I'd be WAY lower than you are now...but that would be my floor sight unseen on the trailers and on the competitors' trailers...which will matter, just like it did this year to help WW and GOTG 2...

Just now, Telemachos said:

@WrathOfHan, the thread ban will be lifted at 4pm eastern time. 

btw, I just went shopping at Target with Tele Jr and somehow ended up with Blurays of Spider-Man 1 and 2 and a Captain Underpants book. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age. 

So good things all around.

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

btw, I just went shopping at Target with Tele Jr and somehow ended up with Blurays of Spider-Man 1 and 2 and a Captain Underpants book. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age. 

Good call man. Soft for wanting your kid to have fun? I don't think so. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well by this god damn rule should have to apply to people who like the movie too

That i agree with. For example a certain poster in sp:hc thread take every criticisms for that movie too close to heart and start ranting. That's more annoying than anything han has done today.

• Like 2

Just now, damnitgeorge08 said:

That i agree with. For example a certain poster in sp:hc thread take every criticisms for that movie too close to heart and start ranting. That's more annoying than anything han has done today.

I think I know who you're talking about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Or like a certain user in DC threads.

• Like 3

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Soft? Or did he just wear you down like kids do by asking for what he wanted over and over and over and over and over again insisting he NEEDED things he really wanted? :P

Spider-Man 1 and 2 are great purchases though. Legit. Not so sure about the Captain Underpants book but I guess you might as well commit to buying him the blu-ray to the movie now.

2 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

...Is it like Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean if he were an Apple product?

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Soft? Or did he just wear you down like kids do by asking for what he wanted over and over and over and over and over again insisting he NEEDED things he really wanted? :P

Spider-Man 1 and 2 are great purchases though. Legit. Not so sure about the Captain Underpants book but I guess you might as well commit to buying him the blu-ray to the movie now.

The books are smarter than the movie and I like the movie.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

...Is it like Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean if he were an Apple product?

Or is someone who's a buff or a son?

• Like 1