Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

Just now, Nova said:

Han Solo needs to move its unwanted self out the way so Deadpool 2 can move to MDW and make ALL the money. 

If that happens then I think DP2 can increase.

Just now, Cochofles said:

So Spider-Man: Homecoming finally opens next weekend, and it obviously isWonder Woman's most "direct" competition. How much are we expecting the Patty Jenkins-helmed hit to drop for the weekend once hurricane Spidey hits?

It'll probably have its first weekend drop over 50%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

People thought GOTG2 would suffer because WW opened and it held on just fine. WW is doing way better than GOTG2 in terms of legs/reception so I'm expecting it to hold on pretty well. 

I'm expecting it to hold better than what people are assuming as well.

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

Has Mulan even started filming yet?  I wouldn't be surprised if that finds itself in 2019

Yeah, April 19 would be a good spot for it to move to. 

EDIT: Nevermind apparently another Dinsye live action fairytale is scheduled for the end of March. So yeah, don't really know where a good spot for it would be even if it does move to 2019. 

Edited by MovieMan89

30 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Guessing WW comes in at 16M with actuals if the Saturday number provided by Rth is right. 350M on Monday, 360-363M by Thursday. Just following Suicide Squad dailies from that point gets it to 386-389M (which includes a 65% drop next weekend), following MoS dailies (which includes a 72% drop next weekend) gets it to 384M.

Awful number for Cars 3, DM3 pretty much slashed it's tires. Cars 3 versus Transformers final gross will be close.

Why are u predicting such a terrible drop for Wonder Woman next weekend? Isn't it possible for the movie to keep it's legs?!

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

People thought GOTG2 would suffer because WW opened and it held on just fine. WW is doing way better than GOTG2 in terms of legs/reception so I'm expecting it to hold on pretty well. 

It dropped 53% when WW opened. 

It's legs like WWs have benefited from a plethora of rotten competition. 

That not the case for the next few weeks.

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I still don't think it's moving though.

I don't think so either but that's the place to do it.  I think they get Solo out of the way, do some Last Jedi and finally announce Obi-Wan wth Favreau directing

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Oh Spider man is coming out next weekend? I can't hear it over the massive amounts of hype for A Ghost Story

Who knows? Ghost Story may do $5M OW after all.

Edited by YourMother

DM3 break up

Date Rank Gross % Change Theaters Per Theater Total Gross Days
2017/06/30 1 $29,122,995   4,529 $6,430   $29,122,995    1
2017/07/01 1 $24,366,920    -16% 4,529 $5,380   $53,489,915 2
2017/07/02 1 $21,920,360 -10% 4,529 $4,840   $75,410,275 3

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1