Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

I can't wait for the Black Panther under predictions next year. This year we heard that nobody wanted to see a Superhero movie starring a woman and that was proven to be b.s and next year we'll hear that nobody wants to see a Superhero movie starring a largely black cast and those people will be proven wrong as well. 

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I can't wait for the Black Panther under predictions next year. This year we heard that nobody wanted to see a Superhero movie starring a woman and that was proven to be b.s and next year we'll hear that nobody wants to see a Superhero movie starring a largely black cast and those people will be proven wrong as well. 

Has anybody even said this?

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Jesus christ, time is flying. 2018 movies look just around the corner. That's crazy.

I guess 2018 is far away enough so that we can guess about movies without being tethered to whatever tracking they have.

Honestly a part from a few trolls, this forum is probably the most proactive when it comes to supporting women and POC in big blockbuster type films. At least that's what I've seen. Maybe when WW was first announced there were members saying no one asked for this but in recent months, I haven't seen folks talk about no one asking for it. And I haven't seen folks saying no one asked for a film like Black Panther either. But again I'm not seeing every post on every thread....but from what I have seen it's mostly folks pretty excited in both cases and saying how it's long over due. 

I know this forum has its downs, but when it comes to this particular topic (supporting POC and women in tentpoles), I feel like this forum has been extremely supportive...especially when compared to other forums out there. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I can't believe DC only has one movie coming out in 2018. I'm still annoyed about that.

WB has a tentpole free Summer 2018, which just seems weird. Their current summer 2018 lineup is

Ocean's 8 6/8/18
Tag 6/29/18
Untitled DC Film (July 2017) 7/27/18
Meg 8/10/18

The Nun 7/13/18

No tentpole movies in the main months of summer and Meg is their biggest Summer movie. They have Tomb Raider and Ready Player One in Spring and Jungle Book, FB2 and Aquaman in winter. Really strange lineup, especially if there is no DC movie in July.

WB has a tentpole free Summer 2018, which just seems weird. Their current summer 2018 lineup is

Ocean's 8 6/8/18
Tag 6/29/18
Meg 8/10/18

The Nun 7/13/18

No tentpole movies in the main months of summer and Meg is their biggest Summer movie. They have Tomb Raider and Ready Player One in Spring and Jungle Book, FB2 and Aquaman in winter. Really strange lineup, especially if there is no DC movie in July.

They're clearing the slate for their secret Superman movie.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Ocean's 8 6/8/18
Tag 6/29/18
Meg 8/10/18

The Nun 7/13/18

I think the explanation might be that WB is trying to get their crap together. They aren't in Sony shape but it's been a rocky road.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Honestly a part from a few trolls, this forum is probably the most proactive when it comes to supporting women and POC in big blockbuster type films. At least that's what I've seen. Maybe when WW was first announced there were members saying no one asked for this but in recent months, I haven't seen folks talk about no one asking for it. And I haven't seen folks saying no one asked for a film like Black Panther either. But again I'm not seeing every post on every thread....but from what I have seen it's mostly folks pretty excited in both cases and saying how it's long over due. 

I know this forum has its downs, but when it comes to this particular topic (supporting POC and women in tentpoles), I feel like this forum has been extremely supportive...especially when compared to other forums out there. 

I have to agree. I lurk a lot of boards and I'm used to getting so riled up by the comments that I have to take breaks. But this place is surprisingly mature and open-minded. The music forums I lurk (atrl anyone?) are miles worse than this place. Miles and miles.

I really got to hand it to the mods for helping to perpetuate such a positive vibe in this place.

• Like 2

Just now, aabattery said:

They're clearing the slate for their secret Superman movie.

At this point, I think a DC movie is most likely happening for Summer, a smaller one like Batgirl or Gotham City Sirens. No way would WB basically sit out an entire summer movie season.

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think the explanation might be that WB is trying to get their crap together. They aren't in Sony shape but it's been a rocky road.

Huh?  WB has had a successful past few years.  Not everything has been a winner but most of their tentpoles have turned in, at the very least, a profit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nomyth said:

I have to agree. I lurk a lot of boards and I'm used to getting so riled up by the comments that I have to take breaks. But this place is surprisingly mature and open-minded. The music forums I lurk (atrl anyone?) are miles worse than this place. Miles and miles.

I really got to hand it to the mods for helping to perpetuate such a positive vibe in this place.

Atrl is one of the worst places to visit. I can't imagine ever posting there. That's why for all the shit that this place gets...I'm like have ya'll seen any other communities out there? Like this place is heaven. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Huh?  WB has had a successful past few years.  Not everything has been a winner but most of their tentpoles have turned in, at the very least, a profit.

Yes their films have been making money for now but they have to make the DC movies much better if they want them to continue to make money in the future. As we've seen this year you can't keep making lackluster product and expecting people to show up forever.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Atrl is one of the worst places to visit. I can't imagine ever posting there. That's why for all the shit that this place gets...I'm like have ya'll seen any other communities out there? Like this place is heaven. 

Forums like ours aren't as popular as they used to be. They've been replaced by reddit, which in my opinion fosters a less personal and more disposable discourse.

• Like 3