cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

33 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

That feeling when you get a good idea for a powerful movie scene...and then realize that you now have to invent a movie (or more) from scratch to get to it.

Spill the beans.

@cookie but in all seriousness, the thing that came into my head wouldn't really work unless there was buildup before, which probably would require a prior movie.

So I'd have to create a new franchise that I have no idea what it'd be about, just to get to that idea. So given all that, I probably don't want to spill beans on something I might never get to!

I will say that the idea did germinate after I watched Voltron, so in a way I have you to thank.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

That feeling when you get a good idea for a powerful movie scene...and then realize that you now have to invent a movie (or more) from scratch to get to it.

Damn it now I'm starting to have the same thoughts.

Only I wouldn't need multiple movies to get to that point.

• Like 1

Into season 6 now @cookie

Spoiler

Big Keith episode where he meets his mom with the big reveal ending and...sorry audience, the next couple episodes do nothing to carry on from that.

Season Structure can get a little wonky.

Also I'm not surprised that Keith's mom is the most human looking Galra we have seen so far in the show. Can't have his dad falling for someone who looks like Sendak after all.

Edited by 4815162342

5 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Into season 6 now @cookie

Hide contents

Big Keith episode where he meets his mom with the big reveal ending and...sorry audience, the next couple episodes do nothing to carry on from that.

Season Structure can get a little wonky.

Also I'm not surprised that Keith's mom is the most human looking Galra we have seen so far in the show. Can't have his dad falling for someone who looks like Sendak after all.

Spoiler

You can clearly tell it was written like a 13-episode season they then split into two. That's why a lot of arcs are left unfinished by the ends of season 3 and 5.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cookie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Makes sense.

I think I've gotten to the point where the show is actively encouraging the shippers. And I'm sure there's even more ships than I've noticed the show dabbling with.

35 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

@cookie

1) Space doggo

2) lmao they follow up a big character episode that has a cliffhanger with a D&D comedy show

You're in season seven now, I see :gold:

Edit: My bad, I assumed it was the game show episode in season seven, I honestly forgot there was a D&D episode in season six. Yeah, the later seasons had a lot of weird filler episodes like that.

Edited by cookie
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cookie said:

You're in season seven now, I see :gold:

Edit: My bad, I assumed it was the game show episode in season seven, I honestly forgot there was a D&D episode in season six. Yeah, the later seasons had a lot of weird filler episodes like that.

Just finished Episode 4 of Season 6, the one where shit goes down

Spoiler

So Allura/Lotor is the Voltron version of Reylo :sarah:

Edited by 4815162342

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Just finished Episode 4 of Season 6, the one where shit goes down

Hide contents

So Allura/Lotor is the Voltron version of Reylo :sarah:

Spoiler

You're about to see Allura when she gets fucking MAD

You do not want to see Allura when she gets fucking mad

Edited by cookie
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Also now I kinda know the context of this gif (even if I have not reached the actual episode yet)

Spoiler

tumblr_pd98wtYIp91vh9dm7o1_r1_500.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Tomorrow I begin to learn what about season 7 prompted the infamous Cookie Sacking.

It’s not really until

Spoiler

”The Last Stand Part II”

where everything goes to shit but the warning signs are there from the beginning.

• Astonished 1

4 hours ago, cookie said:

It’s not really until

Reveal hidden contents

where everything goes to shit but the warning signs are there from the beginning.

Three episodes in and so far it seems like standard Voltron stuff, down to the very unsubtle teasing of fan ships that the show really embraced a couple seasons earlier.

That said I don't know whether to think it is good or a little annoying that in the first episode the show

Spoiler

unceremoniously revealed that Shiro was LGBT. On the one hand the show should be applauded for not treating it like a big deal, and on the other hand it felt strange being sprung on audiences at this point

However next episode according to Netflix is the

Spoiler

game show episode you warned me about

I'll be subjected to that later tonight.

Edited by 4815162342

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

That said I don't know whether to think it is good or a little annoying that in the first episode the show

Hide contents

unceremoniously revealed that Shiro was LGBT. On the one hand the show should be applauded for not treating it like a big deal, and on the other hand it felt strange being sprung on audiences at this point

In their defense

Spoiler

It was apparently the plan to make Shiro gay way back at the start but it took a lot of convincing on Dreamworks/Netflix's part to go through with it.

But countering that same defense

Spoiler

they are about to fuck that up real hard.

• Astonished 1

36 minutes ago, cookie said:

In their defense

Reveal hidden contents

But countering that same defense

Reveal hidden contents

That sound ominous