cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

That sound ominous

Oh you bet.

Extra word of warning:

Spoiler

You're going to be following some really boring/really dumb new characters for a huge chunk of the second half of the season, and you'll be praying for the main gang to be around more.

• Astonished 1

15 hours ago, cookie said:

Oh you bet.

Extra word of warning:

Reveal hidden contents

So I just finished Last Stand Part 2.

Spidey senses are tingling.

Season 7 wasn't bad, but it definitely felt like a missed opportunity

Spoiler

The game show episode was actually pretty funny, but it basically was a roadblock that stalled momentum and got rid of an episode that could have taken care of actual plot/character stuff. Probably could have been used in an earlier season.

Killing Adam off-screen in the passage of time after just introducing him in the first episode....eeek.

The whole Earth plotline definitely missed a big opportunity for an epic sequence of the remnants of the Coalition reuniting for the Battle to Save Earth. "We're gonna need some backup. Call them in." "Who?" "EVERYONE." Instead they all show up in the final 30 seconds of the final episode.

And the final episode being entirely devoted to Mech Fight #18 felt like a waste and the result was a very brief montage at the end of actual important stuff. I'm sure the cliffhanger will play some big role in Season 8 but still. After all the stuff for liberating Earth, to jump right back into a 20 minute mech fight did not feel right.

28 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:
Spoiler

Killing Adam off-screen in the passage of time after just introducing him in the first episode....eeek.

Especially since

Spoiler

A ) We only saw Adam once prior to his death.

B ) In the ninth (?) episode everyone's reunited with their families but the one gay character comes home to a grave. The implications are fucking staggering, the explanation the creators gave is cowardly as fuck (and a lie on top of that), the audacity the PR team had in pulling a bait and switch prior to the season's release was baffling and it was just a huge missed opportunity in general. All part of why I sacked Montgomery in the first place.

It honestly pisses me off all over again just thinking about it.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Especially since

Hide contents

A ) We only saw Adam once prior to his death.

B ) In the ninth (?) episode everyone's reunited with their families but the one gay character comes home to a grave. The implications are fucking staggering and part of why Montgomery was sacked in the first place.

Yeah it was the worst possible way to handle that.

In far hindsight

Spoiler

I may have overhyped the final season to a great degree. It's better than seven, but many of the problems like poor pacing and lacking developments still persist and it doesn't rectify the biggest issue I had as much as put a band aid over it.

I guess I was just on a Spider-Verse high at that time and so I was just positive towards everything but it's not great in hindsight. Just a word of warning.

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

In far hindsight

Hide contents

I may have overhyped the final season to a great degree. It's better than seven, but many of the problems like poor pacing and lacking developments still persist and it doesn't rectify the biggest issue I had as much as put a band aid over it.

I guess I was just on a Spider-Verse high at that time and so I was just positive towards everything but it's not great in hindsight. Just a word of warning.

noted.

Okay everyone I need y’all for the Oscars to assemble (by That I mean tell me who you want to see) a team of your favorite CAYOM heroes, villains, character interactions and everything in between.

Endless doesn’t bring just dead animated films from the dead but dead Oscar Concepts.

I'm offering 2 Y6 prereads right of the bat for the two films that are my top priorities one which I've already started which i will get working on as soon as I'm done reading Y5.

One is a Kenneth Lonergan Christmas movie 

The other us a Patty Jenkins post apocalyptic feminist blockbuster 

One (maybe two depending on demand) for each. First come first serve

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'm offering 2 Y6 prereads right of the bat for the two films that are my top priorities one which I've already started which i will get working on as soon as I'm done reading Y5.

I'll take the patty jinkens one

23 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

May I read the Christmas movie?

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Okay everyone I need y’all for the Oscars to assemble (by That I mean tell me who you want to see) a team of your favorite CAYOM heroes, villains, character interactions and everything in between.

Endless doesn’t bring just dead animated films from the dead but dead Oscar Concepts.

Needs to include Hunter, Tyler, Kyler, and Nicole. 

Obviously.

5 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Luffy, Bradley Cooper in By the Balls Filthbert 

2 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

@Xillix do you think there's a reasonable scenario where Cinerama is used...in a trailer?

I mean it wouldn't make sense to install a bunch of temporary screens just for a trailer, but you can smilebox it if you wanted to, yeah.

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:
  Hide contents

It'll be exclusively with Cinerama for TSWII.

Then I guess it makes sense, with my usual caveat about how one studio can't actually force their trailers onto screenings of another's film.