cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

The stories behind my Y5 projects:

Wi-Fi Winnebago

Spoiler

So, this was actually based off a screenplay that I wrote in high-school. Some actors performed it, and, while there wasn't much of an audience, it was a good experience for me. I wanted to write something light about the affect technology has on people.

The Mona Lisa

Spoiler

I don't have much to say about this one. I think I got the idea when I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I saw a lot of art, and my group ended up talking about Vincent Van Gogh--the conversation just happened to involve Julian Schnabel's At Eternity's Gate. So I think it fell into place from there.

Out of my Mind

Spoiler

Back in middle school, I would regularly read books from the Battle of the Books shelf, and I even tried to join the Battle of the Books club one year. I skimmed most of the books, but this was one of the books that's stuck with me the most as someone with autism.

Veggies in the Rain: A VeggieTales Movie

Spoiler

I really like VeggieTales a lot. I think that's all I have to say.

Psyren

Spoiler

When Shonen Jump was still releasing their monthly magazine in bookstores, because this was a brand new series at the time, this was one of the series that really got me invested in getting Shonen Jump month by month. It felt like a fresh series to me, and it stands apart from many other Shonen Jump titles, even today.

Wii Sports

Spoiler

I've had the idea to make a Wii Sports movie since high school, back when I was obsessed with the prospect of making movies based on video games. It'd be a really dumb idea to make one in real life, I'm sure, but at least I got to put my ideas to words.

Calendars

Spoiler

I wanted to write a documentary, and when I saw that Minding The Gap was something personal (where a filmmaker films him and his friends), I decided to do something really small that doesn't necessarily seem like it should be a big film at first glance.

Yin

Spoiler

This was actually loosely based off of the first poem I wrote in my first Creative Writing class in college. A year later, a class about the "Great Books of the World's Religions" reminds me of aspects regarding Asian philosophy. My introduction to CAYOM, that poem, and what I was learning in that class... it all kind of found itself in the blender of my mind.

Peak

Spoiler

This was another book I read in middle school. I think I had actually picked this one up off of the shelf, based on the Mt. Everest premise alone.

Of Pagans and Paupers

Spoiler

The trailer for Midsommar is what spurred this Oscar-bait filler. I think the teaser for Pokemon Sword & Shield gave me the idea to set it in England. The idea to write a story around two very different people has been in the background of my mind for a while, though. I think there's a degree of personal voice to this that I need to discover for myself.

Sabrina

Spoiler

I first heard about this book through a YouTube video. And when I announced that I wanted to be a part of CAYOM and went to the Franchise Rights thread to claim a bunch of stuff, I had actually added this film's source material without having first read it. Something had reminded me of the book, and I had this pressing feeling that it end up being something that would work well as an adaption. I bought the book from a bookstore during my trip to New York and finished reading it on the two plane rides home. The man next to me on one of the flights said that he'd never seen a book quite like it. I really recommend that book, to be honest.

Help! I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up: The Movie

Spoiler

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cookie said:

Just so nobody gets any wrong ideas:

Reveal hidden contents

I assumed that since Taissa is as convincing as a 14-year old as my cat would be playing Scooby Doo

7 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Hello there Scandinavian Alternate Reality Space Dad.

Also I'm a bit disappointed they didn't change up the opening titles with the new paladin lineup and new big bad.

Tbh I always skip the opening titles so I never notice if they change anything or not.

5 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Oops :sparta:

It's been so long since I read your Volty 2 I assumed that meeting happened in that film

Also Allura/Coran's b-plot with the cow in the same episode was quite amusing.

And now halfway into Season 4 I see why you thought

Spoiler

Keith was a good choice to murder

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

It's been so long since I read your Volty 2 I assumed that meeting happened in that film

Also Allura/Coran's b-plot with the cow in the same episode was quite amusing.

And now halfway into Season 4 I see why you thought

Hide contents

Keith was a good choice to murder

Spoiler

Two seasons from now you're going to see why that was a terrible idea.

• Haha 1