Y2: good but morally questionable character

Y3: evil character 

1 hour ago, cookie said:

The Three AMEWgos!

giphy.gif

Spoiler

If all goes well, she may get two nominations in one year :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Thinking of making The Lonely from a horror psychological film more into a black horror comedy. Thoughts?

Could be interesting. A few issues with some of your weaker horror films last year (esp. Screwtape Letters and Bloody Mary) is that they play ridiculous premises far too straight, so go in that direction and it could be quite fun.

11 minutes ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

Could be interesting. A few issues with some of your weaker horror films last year (esp. Screwtape Letters and Bloody Mary) is that they play ridiculous premises far too straight, so go in that direction and it could be quite fun.

Yeah you are right.

I guess I'll share the premise

Spoiler

Andy just graduated college and is working at a new job in a new city far from friends and family. His friends have split ways after college and really don't connect. He is sucked into the 9-5pm routine of being an adult. He struggles to make friends in the new city despite him being extremely popular on social media. Because of loneliness with his dull life, Andy when he sleeps creates a dream world to cope. As the weeks go by he grows more and more obsessed with this dream world and it begins to spiral his life out of control. 

Basically its a film about how social media (Facebook and Instagram mostly) can portray false images of people's lives, the struggle of transitioning from college to the work force, and the problem of urban loneliness.

I have 90% of the film written and if I go the black comedy route, Andy breaks the 4th wall similar to Deadpool thoughout the film. 

I've come up with a few songs to include in the Fantasia movie. So far, here are the ones I'm planning to use:

Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner

Danse Macabre by Camille Sain-Saens

Winter by Antonio Vivaldi

Mars, the Bringer of War/Venus, the Bringer of Peace (joint peace) by Gustav Holt

William Tell Overture by Gioacchino Rossini

There are a few others I have in mind but I kinda want to hear everyone else's input. Any song suggestions or ones that you'd like to hear in the movie? Any suggestion is great as I might include them in sequels down the line.

Edited by Rorschach

47 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

There are a few others I have in mind but I kinda want to hear everyone else's input. Any song suggestions or ones that you'd like to hear in the movie? Any suggestion is great as I might include them in sequels down the line.

"Ice Ice Baby"

5 hours ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

Mary Elizabeth Winstead somehow became the one of the biggest CAYOM A-listers. I’m cool with that.

Which is funny because I've never heard of her before Braindead and 10 Cloverfield Lane.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rorschach said:

I've come up with a few songs to include in the Fantasia movie. So far, here are the ones I'm planning to use:

Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner

Danse Macabre by Camille Sain-Saens

Winter by Antonio Vivaldi

Mars, the Bringer of War/Venus, the Bringer of Peace (joint peace) by Gustav Holt

William Tell Overture by Gioacchino Rossini

“Flashlight”

Should I include this scene for Lilo and Stitch. 

Originally, the gang used a 747 to save Lilo from Gantu but 9/11 changed plans. I’m wondering should I use that scene but in a small town setting perhaps.

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Should I include this scene for Lilo and Stitch. 

Originally, the gang used a 747 to save Lilo from Gantu but 9/11 changed plans. I’m wondering should I use that scene but in a small town setting perhaps.

Leave it out

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Leave it out

I was thinking that too. Thought it’d push the rating and perhaps bring out unhealed wounds.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

However I think I changed enough for Lilo and Stitch to make it not feel like a copy paste remake. The beginning scene and first five minutes is sad, like UP sad. Gantu and Jumba are more fleshed out and some more emotion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Yes, however changed Pleakley to Richard Ayoade instead of Baruchel.

I’m not sure about that casting tbh - the voice doesn’t quite fit IMO. But it’s definitely your call.

Might be a weird though, but I think Dave Bautista could crush it in the role. Unless is he being voiced and done with Mocap?

1 minute ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

I’m not sure about that casting tbh - the voic doesn’t quite fit IMO.

Might be a weird though, but I think Dave Bautista could crush it in the role. Unless is he being voiced and done with Mocap?

I’m thinking Motion capture might work the best.

I wanted a booming voice for Jumba.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord