CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't think there was any superhero movie that was worse than BvS in 2016 and yes I know there are people who hate Suicide Squad more but at least in my opinion Suicide Squad had semi likeable/interesting characters. All of the BvS actors were fighting against a terrible script they gave the them inhuman dialogue and interactions and lethargic direction and thus the best character in the movie was someone making a cameo appearance.

BvS was literally an insufferable experience to sit through for me. I won't say there aren't some objectively worse CBMs out there, but I don't think there are any I would dread sitting through again more. Maybe Fant4stic. 

Just now, John Marston said:

Apocalypse was just dull, forgettable. People understandably expected better after DOfP 

I enjoyed Apocalypse but considering how hyped I was for it after DOFP it was hard to not be somewhat disapointed with the final product. 

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I hated BvS when it came out but now I love it lol. Its such gloriously trashy entertainment

If I Fast Forward through all the non-action scenes I can enjoy the movie in the same way I can enjoy a Transformers movie, so theres that.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Says the guy who thinks Apocalypse was better than Marvel Studios last four movies.

...what??

DS and CW are both above Apocalypse. GVol 2 is also a lot better. Havent seen Spidey yet.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AJG said:

Yep.

DOM & WW

0% chance of that happening.

Thor makes around 200 mill domestic and TFA made 900. How do u possibly see this happening.

Since you seem to be pretty confident in this would you like to do another 10 to 1 that? If you are right I will donate $100 to this site if you are wrong and you donate $10.

Just now, That One Guy said:

But every movie is determined by a percentage, I thought!  If one movie has a higher percentage of critics like it, it's a better movie!

No, 5 critics/bloggers saying a movie is worth watching doesn't carry the same weight as 300 critics/bloggers saying it's worth watching.

Just now, grey ghost said:

No, 5 critics/bloggers saying a movie is worth watching doesn't carry the same weight as 300 critics/bloggers saying it's worth watching.

FG had like 85 critics review it.  Last I checked, 85 =/= 300.

Looking back, I think Suicide Squad might be my third favorite CBM of 2016. I enjoyed more than Doctor Strange. I loved the characters and I thought it was a fun ride. Reviews were awful but I liked it and that's all that matters.