CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Out of IMAX in a few weeks

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool I love you Bay

I had mentioned this in a post earlier this week. A movie shot using IMAX cameras is not getting IMAX for longer than 2 weeks. That is how crowded the entire IMAX schedule has been. Even BATB only got 2 weeks in the format. SMH clears out of IMAX in 2 weeks as well to cede space to Dunkirk which actually stays in IMAX for 5 weeks I think.

The funniest one was Ghostbusters last year, Sony specifically formatted it for IMAX with changing aspect ratios, special 3D conversion and things breaking the frame of the screen which sounds cool. Then they didn't promote it and due to Star Trek Beyond starting on Wednesday in IMAX, they only got 5 days in the format they spent so much on :rofl: 

• Like 2

Just now, Eevin said:

My ratio is respectable.

Mostly because of the countdown I'm (hypothetically) doing that life keeps getting in the way of

At this point, between the baby, travel and actual work, I am convinced the 1987 countdown is never happening. I have like 10 lists left to consolidate but just do not feel like getting to them because I have to switch laptops as well.

• Like 1

Speaking of Michael Bay, here is the ranking you have been waiting on an update for:

Werner Herzog rankings (of the ones I've seen):

~1~ Grizzly Man

~2~ Fitzcarraldo

~3~ Aguirre: The Wrath of God

~4~ Nosferatu the Vampyre

~5~ Cave of Forgotten Dreams

~6~ Into the Inferno

~7~ The Parks and Recreation episode he was in

~8~ Cobra Verde

~9~ Encounters at the End of the World

~10~ The Rick and Morty Episode he was in

~11~ Lo and Behold: Reveries of the Connected World

~12~ Jack Reacher

~13~ Penguins of Madagascar

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm pleased people are stanning for Ready Player One. I think that one could surprise next year.

@YourMother I'm surprised you're not stanning for The Star.... 

Just because I think a film has box office potential, doesn't mean I give a shit about it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, a2knet said:

2017 CBM combined dom gross could do 2b:

226 + 389 + 405 + 360 + 230 + 340 = 1950

SMH, JL, T:R could go up push it to 2000.

Im Assuming the $230 and 340 are for THOR3 and JL ?

That's seems low... I would put thor atleast $290M+ and JL 400M+, that's just mho.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I had mentioned this in a post earlier this week. A movie shot using IMAX cameras is not getting IMAX for longer than 2 weeks. That is how crowded the entire IMAX schedule has been. Even BATB only got 2 weeks in the format. SMH clears out of IMAX in 2 weeks as well to cede space to Dunkirk which actually stays in IMAX for 5 weeks I think.

I assume none of the September releases apart front the Inhumans pilot will be in IMAX unless Fox makes a deal for Kingsman or Warner Bros for It. Blade Runner 2049 does but that's not until October. 

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Speaking of Michael Bay, here is the ranking you have been waiting on an update for:

Werner Herzog rankings (of the ones I've seen):

~1~ Grizzly Man

~2~ Fitzcarraldo

~3~ Aguirre: The Wrath of God

~4~ Nosferatu the Vampyre

~5~ Cave of Forgotten Dreams

~6~ Into the Inferno

~7~ The Parks and Recreation episode he was in

~8~ Cobra Verde

~9~ Encounters at the End of the World

~10~ The Rick and Morty Episode he was in

~11~ Lo and Behold: Reveries of the Connected World

~12~ Jack Reacher

~13~ Penguins of Madagascar

You know this list is good because it uses tildes.

That, my friend, is a true mark of goodness.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I assume none of the September releases apart front the Inhumans pilot will be in IMAX unless Fox makes a deal for Kingsman or Warner Bros for It. Blade Runner 2049 does but that's not until October. 

IT and Kingsman are getting IMAX for sure. Kingsman even moved so it could get IMAX which would have otherwise gone to BR2049. I expect announcements before release.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

Kingsman has an IMAX deal tho.  American Made is also in limited engagement.  And yeah I would not be surprised if IT gets a deal either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

At this point, between the baby, travel and actual work, I am convinced the 1987 countdown is never happening. I have like 10 lists left to consolidate but just do not feel like getting to them because I have to switch laptops as well.

Idk what I was thinking trying to do a top 200 list. Kinda tempted to just post the data and be done, but who knows

20 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Confirmation from Australia 

SMH OW > TASM OW + TASM2 OW

Dang that's awesome, if this keep up with the other region SMH might have a chance hit $1B ww or close to it.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I realized that Ninjago and Kingsman 2 both have IMAX releases and open on the same day. Who gets IMAX though?

Just now, YourMother said:

I realized that Ninjago and Kingsman 2 both have IMAX releases and open on the same day. Who gets IMAX though?

They will share it, Ninjago in the morning and Kingsman at night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

IT and Kingsman are getting IMAX for sure. Kingsman even moved so it could get IMAX which would have otherwise gone to BR2049. I expect announcements before release.

It seems like an odd choice for IMAX but I wouldn't be surprised if WB pushes for it. Kind of surprised Sony didn't get IMAX for The Dark Tower but I guess IMAX had already committed to Dunkirk 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

The IMAX site doesn't list Ninjago in their upcoming slate tho.

Ninjago was confirmed for an IMAX release though. I wonder if they dropped it last minute.