CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

So SMH looks like a 27% Sat drop? 

GOTG2 & WW fell 8.5% and 7.8%. 

You need to look at the relation of the Saturday to the true Friday (i.e. without including the previews.)

SMH's true Friday is about 35 million. A Saturday Bump of under 10% would be a bit low, but not too far out of line for this weekend. Last year, SLOP increased just 10% from its true Friday.

Both GotG2 and WW were in times of the year when Saturday bumps are stronger.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Yes, that's precisely the point, Selina Kyle is both more awesome and more realistic than Wonder Woman. 

Nah Wonder Woman is better than her. And realistic? What does that even mean? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rth Homecoming said:

SMH 36.8, DM3 12.8, BD 5.2, WW 4, TE 2.6, C3 7.2 2.1

DM3 12.8 with 4535 theater!!!  just 13%+ increase from friday!!

4535!!!!! WIDEST RELEASE EVER!! but has been under-performed since last week, its 2nd wasn't impressive either(through still profitable)

Universal still keen to add more theaters in its 2nd week from already record breaking 4529 theaters!!!

Image result for resources allocation meme

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Nah Wonder Woman is better than her. And realistic? What does that even mean? 

It means that Selina Kyle (especially as portrayed in Batman Returns) far more accurately reflects feminine nature and psyche (albeit, in a highly stylized and idealized form) just as Batman/Iron Man better reflect masculine nature and psyche (again in an stylized/idealized form) in comparison to the one-dimensional Superman. 

SMH's first Saturday is lower than Suicide Squad's equivalent by $1.8M.

Good, bad or not that meaningful?

Bad comparison, Squad opened in August.

If you are going to compare SMH, compare it to another superhero movie that opened in July.

7 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

It means that Selina Kyle (especially as portrayed in Batman Returns) far more accurately reflects feminine nature and psyche (albeit, in a highly stylized and idealized form) just as Batman/Iron Man better reflect masculine nature and psyche (again in an stylized/idealized form) in comparison to the one-dimensional Superman. 

I see. No wonder our world is the way it currently is lol We need more Supermen/Wonder Women and less Batmen/Catwomen imo.

I still prefer Diana to Selina, though neither are my favorite DC female. That's a 3 way tie between Hawkgirl, Raven and Green Lantern(Jessica Cruz).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rth Homecoming said:

SMH 36.8, DM3 12.8, BD 5.2, WW 4, TE 2.6, C3 7.2 2.1

Wonder Woman's first Saturday 'PER THEATER AVERAGE' was $8,464...  Using ($8,464) and multiplying it by Spider-Man's 4,348 locations gives....

($8,464)*(4,348) = $36,801,472 which is the same as Asgard.

+4.85% from real Friday, 116.74 weekend with 20% drop on Sunday.

DM3 +13% and down 47.4% from last Saturday.  Such a small Saturday bump.  give Sunday 90% of Friday at 10.2 which is a 20.3% drop from Saturday gives a 34.33 second weekend.  This is down 52.61% from last weekend, but only down 49.8% when removing Thursday previews.  The per screen average would be $7,570 and a 10-day total of 149.32.

Baby Driver +33.33% and down 32.4% from last Saturday

13.00 weekend if Sunday = Friday.  (-36.75%) week to week, 57.13 total

Wonder Woman +36.05% and down 34.1% from last Saturday **down 27.4% in terms of PTA**

9.88 weekend if Sunday = Friday.  (-37.1%) week to week, 368.53 total

Transformers Everything +44.04% and down 59.8% from last Saturday  **down 48.7% in terms of PTA**

6.21 weekend if Sunday = Friday.  (-63.2%) week to week, 118.83 total

Cars 3 (ASSUMING 2.1) +20.75% and down 43.7% from last Saturday **down 25.5% in terms of PTA**

5.578 weekend if Sunday = Friday.  (-42.4%) week to week, 133.68 total

• Like 10

Great Sat for Baby Driver. That increase for DM3 though seems very low to me...

I think something similar to Wonder Woman could happen to SM:H. After 3 bad movies and this beeing the 2nd reboot this decade, i suppose many people will do the wait-and-see approach. Once the good WOM really hits, this will have good legs imo and should safely cross 300M. I do think that Apes has a very good chance of beeing Number 1 next weekend.