CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

52 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

You need to look at the relation of the Saturday to the true Friday (i.e. without including the previews.)

SMH's true Friday is about 35 million. A Saturday Bump of under 10% would be a bit low, but not too far out of line for this weekend. Last year, SLOP increased just 10% from its true Friday.

Both GotG2 and WW were in times of the year when Saturday bumps are stronger.

I'm aware, thanks. BOM has a showdown up for the 3 films; that's why I'm comparing them as they are. 

Ghostbusters fell 4.3% this Saturday last year. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 7.8%. 

Most superhero films released in July were either 1. Much bigger or 2. Historical 

hard to find a decent comparison for SMH. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I'm aware, thanks. BOM has a showdown up for the 3 films; that's why I'm comparing them as they are. 

Ghostbusters fell 4.3% this Saturday last year. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 7.8%. 

Most superhero films released in July were either 1. Much bigger or 2. Historical 

hard to find a decent comparison for SMH. 

DMC has the exact same calendar configuration from 2006.

It had 9m in Midnights, before a 55.8m OD (so a 46.8m true Friday.) It fell to 44.4 for Saturday, 20% drop from the total Friday, and about 5% down from the true Friday. It fell another 20% on Sunday.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Wonder Woman +36.05% and down 34.1% from last Saturday **down 27.4% in terms of PTA**

9.88 weekend if Sunday = Friday.  (-37.1%) week to week, 368.53 total

Here's an interesting comparison:

In its fifth weekend, GotG2 was following up a holiday weekend and was facing a blockbuster CBM as fairly direct competition. It earned 9.8m.

WW looks to do comparably in its 6th weekend. Also following up a holiday weekend. Also facing a blockbuster CBM as fairly direct competition. Also looking like it'll do around the same number.

GotG2 has thus far earned about another $30m. If WW does the same, that'll put it a bit above $398m.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

This is not a good sign for Spidey. Now its hard to reach 325M . 

There is a lot of competition

Apes and Dunkirk are the least family friendly movies I can think of, we'll see....I hope it can reach $350m to at least have a chance at $1B worldwide

No more fronting. That's an ugly Saturday number for SMH. I'm gonna project now because I won't get the chance to follow its day to day but yea this may just squeeze by $300M or not past it at all. Really hoping it gets a good multiplier though. 

As for my other film.....GO BABY GO! Really happy for Baby Driver. That's a very very good hold and I'm so excited it's doing well. I hope it keeps this up going forward and $100M+ happens :) 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

DMC has the exact same calendar configuration from 2006.

It had 9m in Midnights, before a 55.8m OD (so a 46.8m true Friday.) It fell to 44.4 for Saturday, 20% drop from the total Friday, and about 5% down from the true Friday. It fell another 20% on Sunday.

Yeh.... 11 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Bad comparison, Squad opened in August.

If you are going to compare SMH, compare it to another superhero movie that opened in July.

Nope. Its a good comparison. Both are summer movies.

• Like 5