CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

6 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

This is not a good sign for Spidey. Now its hard to reach 325M . 

There is a lot of competition

Wouldn't you say there is always a lot of competition in the summer?  

23 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That sounds on the frontloaded side, but I assume it'll go up (kinda how the Thursday and Friday numbers went gradually over initial estimates).

Yeeeeeee, more people rooting for Valerian, baybay. LET'S MAKE THAT SHIT GROSS 300M OM OW

Meanwhile in Portugal, Big Pictures teaches Disney how it is done. Very very curious to watch the OW numbers of SMH here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

She already had it locked cause SM was never gonna hit her numbers (OW aside).

Also, where do you check the most well liked posts stuff? :ph34r:

At the top of the page, on the extreme right, you will see MORE...next to the Amazon Store.  Just put your mouse over MORE....then click on activity.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Agreed. I don't think another CBM will have a multiplier like Wonder Woman. The one that has the best chance is Black Panther and that itself is a wild overprediction. Animated Spidee-Man can have a 4x multiple due to Christmas legs but I don't think it'd count.

I think that Black Panther' s buzz in the "real-world" (LOL, as if the real world weren't already in love with CBMs) and its box office run will be very similar to Wonder Woman 's. Like WW, BP is a comic book film that a hugely underserved demo has been anticipating forever. If the quality is there, I expect great things from it...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Panda said:

300m isn't locked yet, we have no idea what SMH legs will be like.  Chances are they'll be decent comic book legs, but people have been wrong about it before with MCU movies.

115 OW x 2,5/2,7

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

115 OW x 2,5/2,7

It'll need just under a 2.6 multi if it has 116.7m OW (which is my projection from that number).

That is doable but it is not locked.  With how OD frontloaded it was, I wouldn't be surprised if its legs turn out to be less than special.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Panda said:

300m isn't locked yet, we have no idea what SMH legs will be like.  Chances are they'll be decent comic book legs, but people have been wrong about it before with MCU movies.

This movie is the best reviewed superhero movie of the year, so I think it's legs will be fine.

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I havent  heard  how this is doing overseas but Rth just posted that DM3 will win the weekend internationally which is not a great sign.

Didn't DM3 have a near $70M OW in China too?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Panda said:

It'll need just under a 2.6 multi if it has 116.7m OW (which is my projection from that number).

That is doable but it is not locked.  With how OD frontloaded it was, I wouldn't be surprised if its legs turn out to be less than special.

There 's a rush no doubt.  That doesn;'t mean it can't have good legs.  But good legs, before we got Gal spoiled with WW, for a comic book film, are usually about 2.7.  That's bout 313.  That would be outstanding

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Civil War had raves as well and still legs were just "ok".

x2.4 If I am not mistaken.

2.28x to be precise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KJsooner said:

This movie is the best reviewed superhero movie of the year, so I think it's legs will be fine.

Reviews help with OW, not with legs.  Legs are dependant on what real people say about it and with rush factor and loonie base.  Reviews stop mattering after opening weekend.

• Like 1