CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Little girls have parents who take them to the movies.

They're not going to pay 40-60 bucks to sit through another BvS.

They'll be watching to see if reviews and WOM compares to WW.

There's tons of shit movies I see cause my kids wanna see them(recently we just saw cars 3, wimpy kids, dm3)regardless of reviews. If it makes my kid happy and I can afford to do it and it's appropriate I'll take them.

Edited by cax16

Just now, grey ghost said:

Who made that demand?

Sony or Marvel?

Probably both thought it would be a good idea.

As to who,the second Spiderman Annual in 1965 cover story was "The Mysterious World Of Dr. Strange" with a Spidey /Dr Strange team up. and Marvel is very conscious if it's history

1 minute ago, AHepBurn said:

I'd argue that oversaturation did more harm to Spider-Man than bad reviews ever could. This is the sixth Spider-Man movie in 15-years with a 5-year and a 3-year gap between solos (2-year gap between last solo and ensemble). It's not a very ideal situation. We had an 8-year gap between the Burton to Nolan series for Batman, allowing the character to recover. Then we had a 4-year gap between the Nolan to DCEU series with the character in an ensemble role instead of a solo, again giving time for the character to recover. The next Batman solo will happen a full 6-years after the last at worse. I just don't think there's really any novelty with Spider-Man right now.

Franchise fatigue is a very real challenge but making progressively worse movies is basically punishing your audience each time for giving the franchise another chance.

It's franchise suicide.

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Dr. Ock is Spider-man's Joker but that's an ambitious task because it bring direct comparisons to SM2.

Molina's Doc Ock is extremely tough to beat. The action sequences in that film involving Ock are tough to beat as well, regardless of advances in computer technology. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Dr. Ock is Spider-man's Joker but that's an ambitious task because it bring direct comparisons to SM2.

I think that the Green goblin is  more of his archfoe, with Doc Ock a close second. Think Gobby as the Joker, Doc ock as Two Face or The Penguin.

Anyway.Gobby is out..he has been used to death,and I don.t think they want to invite bad comparasions with Spidey 2. I suspect either Mysterio or Kraven. Maybe Venom if sony has second thoughts about solo film. And unlike Molina's Doc Ock, spidey's 3 Venom left a lot to be desired.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Franchise fatigue is a very real challenge but making progressively worse movies is basically punishing your audience each time for giving the franchise another chance.

It's franchise suicide.

Did your parents not hug you enough?

14 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The deal requires another MCU character in the Homecoming sequel.

If Thor:R does well, can see a bigger demand for SM + Hulk.

Hulk is not gonna have a stand-alone. Smart usage in small doses is best.

Is he in AIW? Probably that and Homecoming2 next for him.

Banner is also a wise character and a scientist like IM. He tagged team on sci-fi stuff in TA with Stark.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I worry that they will shoehorn a bunch of scenes with Wonder Woman into JL that are completely unnecessary, which will make what is likely already a messy movie even messier, and in turn could even go as far as dampening some of the hype for her character and WW2. 

Shoehorning popular solo superhero characters into team up films and other solo superhero films is something we should all be used to by now because we have all seen it happen repeatedly in this CBM golden age. I won't name names, but we all know who I am talking about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

There's tons of shit movies I see cause my kids wanna see them(recently we just saw cars 3, wimpy kids, dm3)regardless of reviews. If it makes my kid happy and I can afford to do it and it's appropriate I'll take them.

Not all parents have the same disposable money and time.

And plenty aren't afraid to tell their kids "no" when they think a movie won't have positive messages like WW or the movie is a boring waste of time.

JL will have more in common with BvS than it will WW. 

Parents aren't dumb, they know this and if the reviews stink plenty will avoid JL like the plague.

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I thought it was Green Goblin, but it's too soon to bring that character back into the fold.   Of all his villains Kraven the Hunter is the one  I want most in the upcming films

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Shoehorning popular solo superhero characters into team up films and other solo superhero films is something we should all be used to by now because we have all seen it happen repeatedly in this CBM golden age. I won't name names, but we all know who I am talking about.

Cough IRON MAN IN SMH Cough

• Like 2

Just now, a2knet said:

I think it'll be Ant Man, Doctor Strange (cause New York), or Captain Marvel (since if she has her own solo movie and IW2 in 2019 and a key player to the MCU I can see her reappearing in Homecoming 2).

1 minute ago, raegr said:

Did your parents not hug you enough?

I'm not the one personally insulting people because they questioned the box office potential of a movie with people who dress like flying rodents and others who talk to fish.

May a suggest a therapist?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

I thought it was Green Goblin, but it's too soon to bring that character back into the fold.   Of all his villains Kraven the Hunter is the one  I want most in the upcming films

I want a trippy Mysterio movie.

Could breathe new life into an aging franchise.

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Banner is also a wise character and a scientist like IM. He tagged team on sci-fi stuff in TA with Stark.

6 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Molina's Doc Ock is extremely tough to beat. The action sequences in that film involving Ock are tough to beat as well, regardless of advances in computer technology. 

More reasons on why I should upgrade my account.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Yeah. MCU though took a shot at Quicksilver even though DOFP one existed. I think they are confident enough to take a shot at Ock. It will generate tremendous curiosity.

edit: One can bank on them to come up with something creative. After all rebooting Spidey post ASM2 must have been their toughest task. Rebooting Ock will feel secondary in comparison.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm not the one personally insulting people because they questioned the box office potential of a movie with people who dress like flying rodents and others who talk to fish.

May a suggest a therapist?

Uhhh no... you are so negative and mean