CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

45 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Can someone please link me to the fight between @baumer and @GiantCALBears?

Its gone. I think the admins removed it.

All it really was in a nutshell is that he kept saying over and over again that he would give someone 10 to 1 odds that Wonder Woman would not make 400 million. Finally after the second weekend hold I decided that it was worth losing $100 if he was actually willing to put up $1,000 towards the site. I mean that's a win win no matter what. Once it became a lot more possible for Wonder Woman to hit 400 million he became belligerent and a bunch of other words that I cannot use. He sent me a nasty email and then disappeared once he realized that he was going to lose face. And that's all I can really say.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Alright show of hands: Who would join an IT DOM. total over the top 5 combined September OW's (so over $201,935,660)?

I'm close to making an It over 300m club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I know its a W an A and then a hella bunch of ITs

Wai-ti-ti. Literally just spelled out how it sounds.

It always kind of rubs me the wrong way when people just give up trying to spell peoples names because they're in a different language. I know it's not anything malicious, but it just feels a little disrespectful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BluRayHiDef said:

It earned $35,000,000 on Friday when you subtract the Thursday-night previews. So, if we triple that value, we get $105,000,00 for the raw weekend and $120,000,000 for the weekend including the previews. That's pretty good. 

What do you guys think the final domestic and worldwide totals will be? 

Sick collection btw, I wanna start one

Oh yeah, I'd say 350 Domestic, 950 Worldwide!

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Yeah, reading the article and the original Deadline article it links to it's about it's about the value of merchandising promotional tie ins not the marketing budget

http://deadline.com/2017/07/spider-man-homecoming-global-promotion-biggest-ever-franchise-media-ad-spend-1202125535/

My bad! I was reading another site that was saying something completely different, and I posted another one. :(

Now I get it. 

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

Its gone. I think the admins removed it.

All it really was in a nutshell is that he kept saying over and over again that he would give someone 10 to 1 odds that Wonder Woman would not make 400 million. Finally after the second weekend hold I decided that it was worth losing $100 if he was actually willing to put up $1,000 towards the site. I mean that's a win win no matter what. Once it became a lot more possible for Wonder Woman to hit 400 million he became belligerent and a bunch of other words that I cannot use. He sent me a nasty email and then disappeared once he realized that he was going to lose face. And that's all I can really say.

Meanwhile somewhere in the wild ... GiantCALBear

article-2519897-19DC8B8800000578-550_306

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Wai-ti-ti. Literally just spelled out how it sounds.

It always kind of rubs me the wrong way when people just give up trying to spell peoples names because they're in a different language. I know it's not anything malicious, but it just feels a little disrespectful.

I can just never remember how many Ts and Is the are. 

4 minutes ago, The Panda said:

IT is going to be the biggest film in the history of the September/October season.

Biggest OW, DOM and WW

September is going to be huge this year. I actually think It can open to $70M but I think it'll crash and make $170M. Kingsman 2 I'm thinking will be bigger domestically but having a smaller OW, like $55M/$180M-$190M. And real talk, Ninjago can do HT1 numbers. However I'm thinking/hoping for Cloudy 2 numbers.

Edited by YourMother

Just now, YourMother said:

September is going to be huge this year. I actually think It can open to $70M but I think it'll crash and make $170M. Kingsman 2 I'm thinking will be bigger domestically, like $180M-$190M. And real talk, Ninjago can do HT1 numbers.

IT is going to crush everything that isn't Blade Runner.

Just now, The Panda said:

IT is going to crush everything that isn't Blade Runner.

I'm also thinking Blade Runner will do IDR numbers too.