WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

Just now, Telemachos said:

I haven't talked about it a lot. :ph34r: 

KONG?  GOING IN STYLE?  FATE OF THE FURIOUS?  FREE FIRE?  LOST CITY OF Z?  GUARDIANS?  ALIEN?  IT COMES AT NIGHT?  BEGUILED?  BIG SICK?  SPIDER-MAN?

(it has to be one of these, right?)

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Also, this is true.  Watch RISE, DAWN, and WAR.  Preferably on the same day.  And enjoy the second best trilogy of all time :).

If you know me, you would know it doesn't help to oversell something to me. :P 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

KONG?  GOING IN STYLE?  FATE OF THE FURIOUS?  FREE FIRE?  LOST CITY OF Z?  GUARDIANS?  ALIEN?  IT COMES AT NIGHT?  BEGUILED?  BIG SICK?  SPIDER-MAN?

(it has to be one of these, right?)

None of those. You won't guess it. :lol: 

Just now, Telemachos said:

None of those. You won't guess it. :lol: 

fuck.

BAYWATCH?  SPLIT?  XXX?  RESIDENT EVIL?  UNDERWORLD?  LEGO BATMAN?  GREAT WALL?  FIST FIGHT?  CHIPS?  BEFORE I FALL?  PERSONAL SHOPPER?  RAW?  BELKO EXPERIMENT?  SONG TO SONG?  TRAINSPOTTING 2?  GHOST IN THE SHELL?  GIFTED?  COLOSSAL?  THE PROMISE?

(please tell me I'm right)

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

If you know me, you would know it doesn't help to oversell something to me. :P 

Fine.  Then just watch the movies back to back.  They're whatever.  Mediocre at best.  I think you might get a kick out of it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

7a99c3f4e0fdb5aa830f661e01c254a5.jpg

Sweet poster and awesome old school make up effects by the legendary Rick Baker and one of Elfman's more bonkers, fun scores... But, yeah, it's a dud. Marky Mark and Estella Warren are horrid and story in general is just shit. Still shocks me that Burton didn't have the pull then to have actors not named Mark Wahlberg and Estella Warren as the leads. The rest of the cast is pretty fucking great. No offense to Marky Mark... He's improved a great deal since then.

http://www.comingsoon.net/horror/features/814347-10-reasons-why-tim-burtons-planet-of-the-apes-needs-more-respect

Ironically, it adjusts to a DOM total that a whole hell of a lot more than any of the critically adored '11 to 17 trilogy. But, for it's era, it had shit legs.

I remember the film having a lot of hype when it came out, as opposed to Rise which came out of nowhere and nobody seemed to have any hype for at the time, until it surprised pretty much all of us. 

As for me, yeah it's one of the most disappointing films I've seen. Just a mess, and basically the beginning of Burton's "fall" as a director. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I think I figured it out. Although, Not beIng Heard of by the sIte LeAves me ThInking ON what Tele's favorite movie is.

Annihilation?  Hmm...

(don't think that counts since it's not confirmed to be 2017 and it was only a test screening)

4 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

You're stretching it.  War is fairly excellent, but the other two are 'only' good.

It is nice that it's able to be a complete trilogy without a bad installment.

I do appreciate the ambition to make a tentpole as unique as War is, but I thought it was a good albeit flawed film. Dawn on the other hand, while maybe not as daring in what it's going for, is pretty much a perfect film in the execution. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I do appreciate the ambition to make a tentpole as unique as War is, but I thought it was a good albeit flawed film. Dawn on the other hand, while maybe not as daring in what it's going for, is pretty much a perfect film in the execution. 

I greatly prefer War because of its ambition, and because it (mostly) executes a unique vision.  We need more blockbusters like War, Logan and Deadpool.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

Tele's number 1 is King Arthur obviously.

Ugh, the joke about it being a bad movie is so overplayed. Besides. You know Tele, it's almost guaranteed to be ROCK DOG.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

These mediocre MCU movies getting acclamation are destroying RT's credibility. Few years ago, a movie scoring 90%+ there would guarantee a break out in a big way, but it is barely helping WFTPOA. It seems that the only way to impress people these days, is if your movie gets a 99% score like Get Out. You just need to look at the legs of these movies to see that there's a real discrepancy between public and critics: CW: 2.2x (90% at RT), DS 2.7x (90%), and now this SM falling like a rock despite being the "most acclaimed SH movie of year". It doesn't matter if these movies are part of a franchise, if the public agreed with their score, they would easily have better legs.

I think it may be becuase the MCU is more of a fanboy franchise, and there is a rush factor, plus more homework for casual fans because of all of the connection, but Spider-Man and GOTG 2 are my favorite movies of the year right now, so I kind of agree with the critics in that area. 

• Like 2

Just now, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

I greatly prefer War because of its ambition, and because it (mostly) executes a unique vision.  We need more blockbusters like War, Logan and Deadpool.

War definitely requires a repeat viewing for me before I really settle into my opinion of it. Was just so completely different from what I was expecting, it really caught me off guard on a first viewing and I need another to really digest it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

Ugh, the joke about it being a bad movie is so overplayed. Besides. You know Tele, it's almost guaranteed to be ROCK DOG.

Or it's actually Despicable Me 3, he just doesn't want to admit he fell in love with a yellow tater tot screaming banana.

• Like 2

BTW for @WrathOfHan, an updated trailer thing for me:

11x:

DM3: Sing, Monster Trucks, LEGO Batman, Dog’s Purpose, B&TB, Boss Baby, PR, B&TB Round 2, Wimpy Kid 4, WW Round 2, Cars 3

9x:

The Mummy: Split, Kong, Life, F8, Circle, A:C, PotC5, King Arthur, GOTG2 Round 2

8x:

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: LEGO Batman, Life, F8, Circle, A:C, PotC5, DM3, SM:H, WftPotA 4K

6x:

GOTG2: Rogue One Round 3, Logan, Get Out Round 2, Split, Logan Round 2, Life

WftPotA: Rogue One Round 3, Logan, Logan Round 2, Kong, F8, PotC5

TF5: PR, F8, Sleight, WW, PotC5, WW Round 2

Geostorm: Kong, Life, WW, PotC5, SM:H, WftPotA 4K

5x:

Zookeeper's Wife: La La Land Round 2, Monster Calls, Moonlight Round 2, Lion, Hidden Figures

Boss Baby: Rogue One Round 3, Monster Trucks, Hidden Figures, Dog’s Purpose, B&TB

Smurfs: Sing, Monster Calls, Monster Trucks, Hidden Figures, Boss Baby

Baywatch: Get Out, Fist Fight, Life, F8, Free Fire

Dunkirk: Rogue One Round 3, Moonlight Round 2, Lion, F8, GOTG2

King Arthur: Kong, PR, F8, Free Fire, Lost City of Z

Baby Driver: Life, Free Fire, Lost City of Z, Sleight, The Book of Henry

NJ2: Sing, Monster Trucks, LEGO Batman, Wimpy Kid 4, Cars 3

Atomic Blonde: F8, Free Fire, A:C, WW, ICAN

4x:

Gifted: Monster Calls, La La Land Round 3, Hidden Figures, LEGO Batman

Kong: Rogue One Round 3, JW2, Cure for Wellness, Split

A:C: JW2, Cure for Wellness, Logan, Logan Round 2

Life: La La Land Round 3, Get Out, Logan, Logan Round 2

PR: LEGO Batman, JW2, Cure for Wellness, B&TB

GitS: JW2, Cure for Wellness, Logan, Kong

PotC5: Fist Fight, Logan Round 2, B&TB, B&TB Round 2

Wimpy Kid 4: B&TB, PR, B&TB Round 2, Gifted

Cars 3: Rogue One Round 3, Monster Trucks, PR, PotC5

SM:H: PR, F8, GOTG2, PotC5

Megan Leavey: Lost City of Z, Gifted, WW, GOTG2 Round 2

Girls Trip: Get Out, Get Out Round 2, Sleight, Rough Night

Ferdinand: Boss Baby, Wimpy Kid 4, Cars 3, DM3

Coco: B&TB, B&TB Round 2, Cars 3, DM3

Inconvenient Sequel: Lost City of Z, Gifted, Book of Henry, Beatriz at Dinner

Kingsman 2: A:C, GOTG2 Round 2, SM:H, WftPotA 4K

PP3: Baby Driver, DM3, SM:H, WftPotA 4K

3x:

Dog's Purpose: Sing, La La Land Round 3, Monster Calls

B&TB: La La Land Round 2, La La Land Round 3, Hidden Figures

All Eyez on Me: JW2, Get Out, Get Out Round 2

Belko Experiment: Cure for Wellness, Get Out, Split

F8: JW2, Logan, Logan Round 2

Circle: Logan, Logan Round 2, Kong

Snatched: Get Out, Get Out Round 2, Life

Last Jedi: GOTG2, PotC5, GOTG2 Round 2

Leap!: Lion, Dog’s Purpose, Cars 3

Wish Upon: A:C, Baby Driver, Rough Night

Ninjago: LEGO Batman, Boss Baby, DM3

Emoji: LEGO Batman, Wimpy Kid 4, DM3

Beguiled: Lost City of Z, Book of Henry, Beatriz at Dinner

2x:

Space Between Us: Sing, Monster Calls

Rock Dog: Sing, Monster Trucks

Shack: La La Land Round 2, La La Land Round 3

Last Word: Moonlight Round 2, Lion

A United Kingdom: Moonlight Round 2, Lion

Going in Style: Monster Calls, Hidden Figures

Logan: Rogue One Round 3, Cure for Wellness

Phoenix Forgotten: Get Out Round 2, Split

CHiPS: Logan, Fist Fight

Deadpool 2: Logan, Logan Round 2

Born in China: Monster Calls, Dog’s Purpose

Everything, Everything: B&TB Round 2, Gifted

Book of Henry: Free Fire, Gifted

Hitman’s Bodyguard: GOTG2, Circle

Captain Underpants: Boss Baby, Wimpy Kid 4

WW: B&TB, GOTG2 Round 2

Thor: Ragnarok: GOTG2, GOTG2 Round 2

Murder on the Orient Express: WW, ICAN

It: Book of Henry, Baby Driver

American Made: Book of Henry, Beatriz at Dinner

Battle of the Sexes: Book of Henry, Beatriz at Dinner

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, baumer said:

Did I miss the memo? Is War for the Planet of the Apes getting pulled after tonight is that why there's so much Doom and Gloom for the 20 million number? I mean it is going to play for the rest of the weekend isn't it? And it's going to continue playing for the rest of the summer isn't it.....so I guess it is possible that word of mouth could carry this to a decent number. And correct me if I'm wrong but is it not playing in other countries as well? I mean the Apes franchise has been strong overseas. You guys are talking about it like it's crashed and burned already. Why don't you give it a couple of days and see how it does for the rest of the weekend and in other parts of the world.

The point of it is that there's no excuse at all for it to be dropping so much from its predecessor's OW when both of the prior two installments were extremely well received by the GA and this one has such great critical reception going into the weekend. It should have been so easy for it to nab 70m+ on OW, if only Fox cared about the film much. And they clearly did not judging by that campaign (or lack thereof). 

• Like 1