WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

2 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

I actually missed all of my trailers for Apes, intentionally too.  How does that make you feel?

@WrathOfHan@Blankments

How? Did you cover your ears and shut your eyes? :lol: 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I'm gonna start not watching trailers online, no matter what the movie is.  Every trailer I view from now on will only be at the theater.

See, I'd do this, but then I'd miss stuff like Logan Lucky because I still haven't gotten that trailer in theaters :sadben: 

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

See, I'd do this, but then I'd miss stuff like Logan Lucky because I still haven't gotten that trailer in theaters :sadben: 

I've gotten LOGAN LUCKY once.  At THE BIG DICK :) 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I saw there was a showing at 6, and bought my tickets online around 5:50, got in my seat and it was 6:25.  There was one trailer left, saw that it was Star Wars, and I got up to go to the bathroom really quick and walked back just when the Fox fanfare started.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

I've gotten LOGAN LUCKY once.  At THE BIG DICK :) 

That was probably one of the two trailers that played before I entered the auditorium :sadben: (Daddy's Home was deffo one of them because duh)

Mall RealD 11:55pm from 18 tickets 55min before showtime to 57 at showtime

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Wow, now updated to 67 seats filled 5min after "start" time from 57 at start time. Definition of "walk up"...

Ps - sorry if this is annoying, please tell me if so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I haven't noticed much about the Apes marketing because I'm only doing "teaser and maybe first trailer"  these days and then I go dark until reviews start coming out. I'll say this much, I'm a huge Apes fan and one of my friends is also but my other friend when we asked if he is coming tomorrow was like  "I guess? It should be okay"  and it had me thinking..   I know this series is pretty big,  it got up over $700M last time around WW.  

But I still don't feel like most of the GA view Apes franchise as "must see" even if the reviews are great. It just feels like a franchise that unfortunately has a peak which its already reached and nowhere to go but down regardless of how good they are.  

I'm not too concerned about the numbers because hey, at least we got this trilogy.  I'm satisfied in that Reeves was able to finish this trilogy out.  If this is it for them (at least for now) then it's gonna be a great way to go out. 

I think the issue with WAR's marketing was that while DAWN clearly looked like a step up from RISE in terms of scale and scope, WAR did not seem like a step up from DAWN. It seemed similar to it. Also people may not have felt very attached to the characters probably as humans are marketed as the antagonists. As to it being the end of the saga, every other movie these days has used the 'one last time' gimmick and that has lost it's value a bit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That was probably one of the two trailers that played before I entered the auditorium :sadben: (Daddy's Home was deffo one of them because duh)

Hmm, what was your mix when you got into the theater?  Mine was:

-Home Again

-Logan Lucky

-Daddy's Home 2

-Pitch Perfect 3

-Battle of the Sexes

-Geostorm

-American Assassin

-Glass Castle

(this was at an AMC too btw)

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Hmm, what was your mix when you got into the theater?  Mine was:

-Home Again

-Logan Lucky

-Daddy's Home 2

-Pitch Perfect 3

-Battle of the Sexes

-Geostorm

-American Assassin

-Glass Castle

(this was at an AMC too btw)

Pitch Perfect

Dark Tower

Patti Cake$

Geostorm

American Assassin

Glass Castle

I entered 5 minutes after the posted showtime and PP3's trailer was about halfway over, so there were 2 max beforehand. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Pitch Perfect

Dark Tower

Patti Cake$

Geostorm

American Assassin

Glass Castle

I entered 5 minutes after the posted showtime and PP3's trailer was about halfway over, so there were 2 max beforehand. 

Eh, I doubt it was Logan Lucky then.  Home Again was probably played in favor of it (especially because AMC owns Open Road with Regal).

Just now, That One Guy said:

Eh, I doubt it was Logan Lucky then.  Home Again was probably played in favor of it (especially because AMC owns Open Road with Regal).

Yeah, that'd make sense given the type of film Big Sick is. It'd be pretty insane if I never got Logan Lucky considering how often I go to the theater.