WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Gonna need some good walk up attendance. Pre-sales are absolutely abysmal. Was just looking at Arclight Hollywood. Counted less than 20 tickets sold for Valerian's three shows on 7/20. Dunkirk has 10 shows and probably around 1,500 tickets sold (gave up counting). 

Does a film like this really get strong presales though?  It's probably gonna be walkup friendly.

So before my uncle starts work on Black Panther, he did a few weeks working on the effects for Meg.

According to him "It looks soooooo awful". With a huge budget but basically another Sharknado movie. CJohn will probably love it.

• Like 4

Just now, That One Guy said:

Does a film like this really get strong presales though?  It's probably gonna be walkup friendly.

In theory that statement applies to both of those movies since they aren't obvious franchise material. These days with Fandango becoming more and more popular for regular moviegoers, it's not good to pretty much have zero pre-sales. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

In theory that statement applies to both of those movies since they aren't obvious franchise material.

Chris Nolan has a huge built in fanbase though, as does Harry Styles (who has been the driving force behind a majority of the Twitter buzz).  Besson does not have one.

Edited by That One Guy

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

I dunno...Valerian TV ads keep saying he's a legend. 

This doesn't mean he has a huge built-in fanbase though :lol:

If the two movies were the exact same, but the directors were swapped and Valerian got Harry Styles, you bet your ass that Valerian would be selling more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So before my uncle starts work on Black Panther, he did a few weeks working on the effects for Meg.

According to him "It looks soooooo awful". With a huge budget but basically another Sharknado movie. CJohn will probably love it.

Given the movie sounds like a Sy-Fy movie this really isn't surprising. Watch it do like San Andreas numbers though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

This doesn't mean he has a huge built-in fanbase though :lol:

If the two movies were the exact same, but the directors were swapped and Valerian got Harry Styles, you bet your ass that Valerian would be selling more.

I don't think Styles is doing squat to the box office. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ooh, stanning material right here!

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

I don't think Styles is doing squat to the box office. 

He's the major driving force behind the Twitter buzz (seriously, search "Dunkirk" on Twitter and a good majority of it is related to Styles).  He's definitely going to help the box office.

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

@PRESIDENT BKB

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DealWithIt said:

Maybe it's just me, but this post comes off as being a massive dick. Who gives a shit when exactly he posts his thoughts? Didn't realize there was a specific time you had to have your hot takes posted by. 

Image result for laughing gif

• Like 4