Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

2 hours ago, Isle of Pasta said:

@CayomMagazine

Controversy arises on Spark 2 as co-writers The Duffer Brothers and Alison Tatlock had completely different visions of the movie and faced serious creative differences, with F. Gary Gray caught in the middle. Stay tuned for more developments

Gray: "I just wanted to film scenes, but there were countless times where the script was changed right before filming and a few times where the script pages were literally ripped out of my hands by one of the writers pitching a fit about the film's plot."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isle of Pasta said:

@CayomMagazine

Controversy arises on Spark 2 as co-writers The Duffer Brothers and Alison Tatlock had completely different visions of the movie and faced serious creative differences, with F. Gary Gray caught in the middle. Stay tuned for more developments

@CookiePictures

Formal statement by CEO Sebastian Peters: "We are watching the situation regarding #SparkHomeward and are preparing written statements addressing any claims made against the Duffer Brothers going forward."

One Punch Man film adaptation to hit the big screen late summer Y4; Directing Duo John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein set to helm; Spark: Homeward actors headline lead roles.

Lager Pictures has officially announced their plans to go ahead with an adaptation of the manga turned popular anime into a feature length film. Directing duo John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein, known for their work on Vacation and Game Night, have been tapped to helm the action/comedy flick along with writing duties. Other directors rumored to have been circling the project include 21/22 Jump Street directors Phil Lord/Christopher Miller, Superbad director Greg Mottola, and notably Scott Pilgrim’s Edgar Wright.

Additionally, casting for the two lead roles was also revealed. Taron Egerton and his Spark: Homeward co-star Charlie Heaton have been casted in the main roles. Egerton plays Saitama, an overpowered superhero who has become bored with his amazing powers and wishes to find an opponent worthy enough to face him in battle. Heaton plays Genos, a half human/half cyborg who seeks revenge after the death of his family and pledges himself a disciple to Saitama (much to the latter’s annoyance). J.K. Simmons, Ludi Lin, Charlie Hunnam, Dane DeHaan, Logan Lerman, and Richard Armitage have been cast in unspecified roles.

The film is set for release sometime late July, early August of Y4. This will be the second big release of Y4 for Lager Pictures after the third and final film in The Odyssey trilogy, set for release in June.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

One Punch Man film adaptation to hit the big screen late summer Y4; Directing Duo John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein set to helm; Spark: Homeward actors headline lead roles.

Lager Pictures has officially announced their plans to go ahead with an adaptation of the manga turned popular anime into a feature length film. Directing duo John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein, known for their work on Vacation and Game Night, have been tapped to helm the action/comedy flick along with writing duties. Other directors rumored to have been circling the project include 21/22 Jump Street directors Phil Lord/Christopher Miller, Superbad director Greg Mottola, and notably Scott Pilgrim’s Edgar Wright.

Additionally, casting for the two lead roles was also revealed. Taron Egerton and his Spark: Homeward co-star Charlie Heston have been casted in the main roles. Egerton plays Saitama, an overpowered superhero who has become bored with his amazing powers and wishes to find an opponent worthy enough to face him in battle. Heaton plays Genos, a half human/half cyborg who seeks revenge after the death of his family and pledges himself a disciple to Saitama (much to the latter’s annoyance). J.K. Simmons, Ludi Lin, Charlie Hunnam, Dane DeHaan, Logan Lerman, and Richard Armitage have been cast in unspecified roles.

The film is set for release sometime late July, early August of Y4. This will be the second big release of Y4 for Lager Pictures after the third and final film in The Odyssey trilogy, set for release in June.

Yes. 

Yes!

YES!

• Thanks 1

A discussion was held regarding the alleged difficulties of creating SPARK: HOMEWARD.

Reportedly there was little serious talk of sequel ideas prior to the release of the first film on the risk that it underperformed off a $165m budget. Most people were interested in continuing the story, but didn’t know how.

The Duffer Brothers and Alison Tatlock, writers for both films, had a tense relationship in the production process. Reportedly much of the story of the first film came from Tatlock, while The Duffer Brothers worked more on the film’s direction. Both parties had different ideas on how to take the second film, but faced constraints to get it live by May Y3.

As test screenings took place around Summer Y2, word of mouth was very mixed, and all parties knew the script needed to be changed dramatically once again. Even in production casts, the script, and characters kept changing, much to the frustration of Director F. Gary Gray.

Tatlock lead the revision process, trying to fit the pieces of the original production into something more coherent and rewarding, but production cut close enough that the film almost was delayed to Y4.

Tatlock, nervous for leading the writing charge but hopeful on the reception of the new version, will also lead writing on Spark 3/4 on account of The Duffers moving to work on The Scavenger Wars and Voltron 3/4. Gyllenhaal, Laurence, Bonham Carter, and Dennison received fair compensation for being written out of the film, while production for the second version was reportedly much smoother.

• Like 3

"ZOLDAR" STRIKES!

Zoldar_Poster.jpg

With an unusually barren Memorial Day weekend this year, Gold Crescent Pictures has scheduled a rather unorthodox film for release during what is typically a time for mega-budget summer blockbusters. Zoldar: Warrior Beast from Outer Space is an homage to the classic sci-fi monster flicks of the 50s and 60s, and, as executive producer James Arix notes, "an absolute, unapologetic B-movie, or maybe C-movie." The hope is to cash in on a niche audience that Gold Crescent hopes may be under-served by glossy Hollywood reboots of classic properties.

"When Gamera was in development, back when it was supposed to come out last year," Arix notes, "There was some debate internally on how to handle it and whether it should be a serious re-imagining or a sort of campy semi-parody, which is a big part of why it was delayed." Ultimately, the studio chose to make Gamera fairly straight-laced, but Arix was still attached to the idea of a winking, lo-fi update of the B-movie classics. Enter Guillermo del Toro.

"Guillermo and I met for lunch one day," Arix explains, "And I told him about this vague idea, more a concept, really. And he's a huge lover of those sort of old monster movies, as am I. So he was into it right away, and he took what was just my kernel of an idea and wrote a really excellent treatment from it." At first the goal was to have Del Toro produce and direct as well, but it quickly became clear that was unfeasible. 

"They seem to have Guillermo really locked up over at O$corp," Arix says half-jokingly. "I don't know if they're holding his family hostage or what, but he just keeps churning stuff out for them every year. So we knew he was attached to The Chrysalids, and we'd hoped he'd still have time for Zoldar since it was a smaller project. But that commitment became too big for him and we had to, with his blessing, get someone else to turn the treatment into a script and then a movie."

The task ultimately fell to Adam Green, the writer-director behind the Hatchet series of low-budget slasher movie throwbacks. "Another producer suggested him to me, and at first I thought it was an odd choice," Arix concedes. "But then I saw Chillerama, which is this horror anthology done more in the style of the era we were going for, and Adam had a great segment in that. And he's very experienced in working with these old-school practical effects. So I decided he was a good fit."

Adam Green supported Arix's vision for the movie - a total throwback, with no CGI, just miniatures and a man (Kane Hodder, famous for playing Jason Voorhees) in a monster suit. The movie, as proudly declared on the poster, was shot in Techniscope, a widescreen process introduced in 1963. Despite the fancy-sounding name, Arix notes, "It's pretty much the low-rent, bottom of the barrel widescreen solution for penny pinchers, which is exactly what we wanted." The format uses normal 35mm film and spherical lenses, but each frame is only two perforations high instead of the traditional four. This creates a widescreen image and uses half as much film as shooting normally, at the cost of a reduction in sharpness and an increase in visible grain when blown up on a theater screen.

"It looks like crap," Arix explains, "Glorious, cheesy, old retro crap. And it's authentic, it's not a filter. We used this same process that's been around since the 60s, that was used for Curse of the Mummy's TombDracula: Prince of DarknessDr. Terror's House of Horrors... old Spaghetti Westerns too. Sergio Leone shot the 'Man with No Name' trilogy all in Techniscope."

• Like 2

@CayomMagazine

As the wrap party for THE SCAVENGER WARS proceeded, the words "What godless creation have we unleashed?" can be seen written in the banner in the background. "But hey, at least we didn't reshoot the whole thing, eh, Hourglass?" can be seen in another.

• Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, cookie said:

@CayomMagazine

As the wrap party for THE SCAVENGER WARS proceeded, the words "What godless creation have we unleashed?" can be seen written in the banner in the background. "But hey, at least we didn't reshoot the whole thing, eh, Hourglass?" can be seen in another.

........I chuckled.

• Haha 1

'THE NUMBER ONE DIME' OFFICIAL TRAILER

( debuting in late June and playing before screenings of Island of the Blue Dolphins )

* We see Scrooge, the triplets and Launchpad all standing outside the door to Glomgold's money bin in South Africa. They hear someone slowly, slowly, SLOOWLY descending the stairs *
* They stand around in awkward silence, Launchpad whistling about for a bit *
* A tired-looking Glomgold then opens the door *
Glomgold: ...The great Scrooge McDuck needs 'me help?
* Scrooge stands there biting his lip *
Scrooge: ...Yes.

* cut to montage of Scrooge and friends searching downtown Johannesburg and searching some underground cave *

Scrooge (VO): If Magica finds the first coin 'ye ever earned...

* brief shot of Magica's hand burning the pages of a magazine *

Scrooge (VO): ...She can basically rule the world.

* cut to silhouette of Magica at her cottage cackling maniacally before lightning strikes the volcano and abrupt cut to black *

* fade in to Glomgold *
Glomgold: ...Give me a reason why I should help 'ye.
Scrooge: You wanna keep the title? I can make that happen!
Glomgold: AND I want a VIP seat at your Christmas gathering.
Scrooge: ...Why?!
Glomgold: So I can spend all of Christmas constantly spittin' in yer face!
* Scrooge turns to the others then back at Glomgold, and sighs in deep frustration *

(0:00-0:06)
* Cookie Pictures logo *

* Cookie Pictures Animation logo *

(0:07-0:16)
* The ducks are at Scrooge's mansion in Duckburg celebrating Christmas *
* Louie attempts to scale the Christmas tree to put the star on top, but he and the tree accidentally topple over, stopping the song abruptly at 0:16 *
* Louie's sibling and Scrooge all look at him. *
Louie: ...Sorry.

(0:49-1:04)
* The ducks are at an airport talking to Launchpad *
Scrooge: We need a plane to Johannesburg pronto, can you get us there?
Launchpad: You got it Mr. McD!*

* They are flying over the Savannah *
Huey: ...Remember that promise you made back in the Amazon?
Scrooge: ‘Ye, what about it?
Huey: Are you… still committed to that?
Scrooge: ‘Course I am, Huey! You three may sometimes be a mouthful, but I wouldn’t trade ‘ye for anything in the-
[ music stops ]
* Launchpad is asleep at the controls and audibly snoring *
Scrooge: What in me blastin' bagpipes, is he asleep?!
* Scrooge slaps Launchpad in the back of his neck *
Scrooge: Wake up!
Launchpad: GAH! Sorry, Mr. McD! I was just resting my eyes for a bi- why is the ground right in front of us?
* The plane rapidly nosedives and crashes *
* Cut to them emerging from the wreckage *
* Scrooge slaps Launchpad in the back of his neck again. *

(1:19 - 1:33)
* We get another quick montage of scenes, including more exploration of the cave, Scrooge running up Mount Vesuvius, Magica lifting a person in the air with her magic and grinning, and the triplets reacting to something *

Glomgold (VO): You keep telling me you earned all your fortune fair and square...

* Scrooge whacks a beagle with his cane, Magica faces Scrooge, Louie leaps out of a plane, Launchpad hangs on to the back of a truck *

Glomgold (VO): ...Without ever screwing over anyone...

* Cut to Glomgold facing Scrooge *

Glomgold (VO): I don’t believe that one bit!

* Cut to Scrooge facing Glomgold back *
Scrooge: You might want to start believin', Glomgold!

(1:33 -1:53)

* Magica walks into a chamber where there are five people in robes waiting for her *

Magica (VO): You all doubted me.

* Louie slides down the mountain pursued by a landslide *

Magica (VO): You thought I was chasing a legend.

* Magica walks down a street showing a city in ruins *

* Cut to a close up on Magica *

Magica: How do you all feel now?

[ music stops ]

* Cut to a reaction shot of Scrooge *

Scrooge: ...A bit on 'me toes, all things considered.

(2:07-2:19)

THIS CHRISTMAS

* A car chase is held in downtown Johannesburg *

DUCKS

* Huey, Dewey and Louie face an incoming army of beagles *

DIMES

* Scrooge flips his number one dime *

BEAGLES

* Tsotsi Beagle sprays machine gun fire over a derelict bar the ducks are in, forcing them to cover *

WANDS

* Magica approaches a wand glowing a bright blue energy *

PLANES

* Launchpad's plane swerves through a rocky landscape *

AND DRAGONS

* A massive dragon is seen scaling a ruined city and spewing fire in the air before the trailer cuts to black and the song stops *

* Fade in to Scrooge talking to Glomgold *
Glomgold: ...Sounds like a mouthful.
Scrooge: ...Eh, it's pretty much what I'd call Tuesday.

(2:19 - 2:27)

THE NUMBER ONE DIME

*We cut to the ducks on board Launchpad's plane as they head down the runway *
Launchpad: Let’s see here... Gears? Check! Flaps? Check! Day old sandwich? [ checks glove compartment ] Check!
Dewey: Uh... do we have clearance to go straight for the runway?
Launchpad: I don't know, let's ask!
* Launchpad turns on the radio *
Radio: ...you are not cleared for take-off! There is a McDonnell Douglas approaching your-
* Launchpad turns off the radio and turns to Dewey *
Launchpad: Don't believe everything you hear on the radio, Dewey! [ sees something out the window ] HOLY CRUD, THERE'S A PLANE HEADING RIGHT FOR US!
* The plane is speeding down the runway just as a passenger jet is about to land *
* Launchpad's plane skids just under the incoming plane in a dramatic slow-motion shot *

IN THEATERS AND IMAX DECEMBER 20TH

Edited by cookie

@cayommagazine

Jorge R Gutierrez (Book of Life, El Tigre) to write and direct an animated superhero film called Powerless for Endless Animation in Y4. Del Toro has been added on as a producer. Michael Pena, Anthony Gonzalez and Sofia Vergera will lead the film.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

What site do you use to create those posters?

Well, none. Photoshop. In this case the image itself is a render I did in DAZ Studio, which is also where I rendered Zoldar himself before Photoshopping him into a photograph.

• Like 2

Cookie Pictures Announces Production Start on Voltron: Reunion

voltron_logo__rainbow_variant__by_kingpi

R E U N I O N

The Directors:

16-52-2298-1014x570.jpg

Matt & Ross Duffer (Stranger Things, Spark: Rising, The Scavenger Wars)

The Producers:

MV5BNjcwNzg4MjktNDNlMC00M2U1LWJmMjgtZTVkMV5BMTM2ODI3NzkyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDQ3MV5BNjcyNTcxOTU4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODAx

Jon Favreau (Iron Man, The Jungle Book, Voltron: Defenders of the Universe, Lilo & Stitch)

Shane Black (Iron Man 3, The Nice Guys, Voltron: Rise of Lotor)

Joaquim Dos Santos (co-showrunner on Voltron: Legendary Defender)

The Cast:

Daniel-Henney-premiere-Disneys-Big-Hero-taissa-farmiga-at-w-magazine-nkpr-it-lou220px-Tom_Hiddleston_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.

Daniel Henney (Shiro)

Taissa Farmiga (Pidge)

Tom Hiddleston (Lotor)

1200px-Paul_Reiser_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpgJake-T-Austin.jpgMV5BMTc2NTY0MDc4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzE2

Paul Reiser (General Thorne)

Jake T. Austin (Lance)

James Rolleston (Hunk)

MV5BNzIzMzA5NzgyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjg1MV5BMTM2OTcyMDgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDU3MV5BMjEzMTcxNDU3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTE0

Tessa Thompson (Allura)

Damian Lewis (Coran)

Elizabeth Banks (Witch Haggar)

6dd954b15da6e91420dc4b9f478fb72d.jpgMV5BMTQzNTY2MzczMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjEzMV5BMTMzMzg3Mzg5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjcz

Naomi Scott (Ezor)

Paula Patton (Acxa)

Gina Carano (Zethrid)

64f90326175f7fd439b583cc42c66b8b.jpgsterling-k-brown-gq-outtake.jpgCasey-Cott-Hot-Pictures.jpg

Boyd Holbrook (Throk)

Sterling K. Brown (Hrox)

Casey Cott (Thim)

The Cinematographer:

steve-yedlin.jpg

Steve Yedlin (Looper, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Scavenger Wars)

The Composer:

GiacchinoAt50-Noticia-Michael-Giacchino.

Michael Giacchino (Rogue One, War for the Planet of the Apes, Seeing Her)