Finnick

Thursday Numbers: SMH:$4.47M | APES:$3.74M | DM3:$2.78M | BD:$1.07M | WW:$0.83M

I was looking at the studio totals yesterday to see where everything stood. Last year WB had their third highest year ever at $1902.2mil and that was powered in large part by BvS and SS. I would have thought that WB should be lower at this point compared to last year since I Wonder Woman's the first of their real big releases. Surprisingly they're already up 7.2% from this point last year with a $957.8mil to $893.7mil total and they still have Dunkirk (already looking good), Annabelle: Creation, It, Blade Runner and Justice League coming up. I think we're looking at the easy possibility of them breaking $2bil this year to get their new second highest year and with that lineup quite possibly their highest year ever if they can top $2105.7mil.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

I was looking at the studio totals yesterday to see where everything stood. Last year WB had their third highest year ever at $1902.2mil and that was powered in large part by BvS and SS. I would have thought that WB should be lower at this point compared to last year since I Wonder Woman's the first of their real big releases. Surprisingly they're already up 7.2% from this point last year with a $957.8mil to $893.7mil total and they still have Dunkirk (already looking good), Annabelle: Creation, It, Blade Runner and Justice League coming up. I think we're looking at the easy possibility of them breaking $2bil this year to get their new second highest year and with that lineup quite possibly their highest year ever if they can top $2105.7mil.

Are you talking about Domestic numbers or Worldwide?

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Is that a 50 % Thursday-to-Thursday drop for SM:H? 

Yep pretty much ... so it's looking like it will do around $22M for ~50% drop this weekend as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Yes

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

Yep pretty much ... so it's looking like it will do around $22M for ~50% drop this weekend as well.

Thanks.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

11% drop for SMH and 16% drop for Apes. Looks like a 22M weekend for SMH and a hilariously awful fall for Apes into sub-20M

Impressive. I was expecting around 3.9-4.1m. With $4.45, Spider-Man: Homecoming should be the #1 movie once again by Monday. 

I'm basing Spider-Man: Homecoming's jumps to Man of Steel at this point of its run, and MoS had a +%53.5%/+39.2%/-23.9% jump on its third weekend. That would give Homecoming something like this:

Friday $6.83m

Saturday $9.51m

Sunday $$7.24m

Around 23.58m. Thinking $22-25m its where it'll land. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I'd even call it...insanely average. :P 

Yeah, films that cross $300m domestically after a $117m with a 2.7-2.9 multiplier are now average. :wintf:

I remember when getting somewhat CLOSE to $300m was the best possible scenario for Wonder Woman and I was called crazy for thinking $358m was achievable. I guess that it's either $400m or burst now, eh? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

I hereby declare Spider-Man: Homecoming the most outstandingly average run of the summer

:ph34r:

That being the case and I don't disagree do we think that $300m is still in play?

If so, have we become blasé to a $300m(or close) film now? Or at least a $300m CBM film?

10 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

That being the case and I don't disagree do we think that $300m is still in play?

If so, have we become blasé to a $300m(or close) film now? Or at least a $300m CBM film?

It's going for $315m at least, from what I'm seeing here. If it has the exact same drops that Man of Steel had (and it won't) for the rest of its run, that's where it'd land. One because it's a way better received film, two because after this weekend and with most people having already seen WW, Homecoming is bound to start getting better drops now. Man of Steel was released in June with mixed reviews and faced the whole July until September. I'd guess that Homecoming's run will last until October. I wouldn't be surprised if crawls up to close of something like $350m dom. I don't think it's getting there, but $340m isn't impossible. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

SMH's drops are average and completely uneventful.

The total is good though, don't get me wrong. It's the run that's overly boring to follow.

We are getting spoiled. WW is having a phenomenal run. Homecoming's run will probably get more interesting after this weekend, for better or for worse. 

33 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I'd even call it...insanely average. :P 

Spidey films have ranged from 202M to 403M in unadjusted terms. Thus, a Spidey film getting just a bit over 300M would indeed be roughly average. :D

Funny enough, if the insanely average SM:H finishes at 315.74M (which is actually in its practical range at the moment) then the series average would also be 315.74M...

• Like 1