Finnick

Thursday Numbers: DUNKIRK:$5.19M | GT:$3.17M | SMH:$2.77M | APES:$2.02M | GRU:$1.96M | WW:$0.65M .....NOT THE WW OSCAR PUSH THREAD (take it to the WW thread)

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Conjuring did the same as Split just a few years ago, man. Not impressive.

James Wan wasn't a tarnished brand like Shyamalan tho

Plus Conjuring had summer weekdays

Edited by WrathOfHan

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

What needs to be said is they shouldn't have put him through high school 3 times.

I like Spiderman but this continual reseting his age has obviously pissed more people off than just me.

It didn't bother me, but I can see that. I'd like to see a Spider-Man, where he starts out of college, and already has his powers at this point. Could be something different. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyChrono said:

SM:H run is just average. It's on pace for a 2.7x multiplier which is basically the MCU average multiplier. Funny enough, that also puts it on pace to finish at roughly the exact average of the Spider-Man franchise.

It's not an avg run though in context of a franchise that's on it's 2nd reboot and has experienced severely diminishing returns with the last film out only 3 years ago. 

It's going to go up 50%+ domestic.  Without the reboot and attachment to the MCU  it would have decreased again - best case scenario doing Pirates 5 numbers - worst case Transformers 5.

• Like 1

Homecoming's run is average for the type of movie it is, an upbeat lighthearted kiddie oriented romp. 

Don't get how Spidey previous incarnations are supposed to be affecting SMH's legs. If the new Spidey didn't wash the bad taste left by TASM series, then it's the film's fault for not being good enough.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I think that the weekday numbers of it's third weekend very much indicate that 2.9x-3x is at play. Let's see. :) 

I don't see how you come up with 350 million.  That's something only a Spider-man loonie would say.

11 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm biased with the genre. You like to take sides. And it does have astonishing/amazing/insane WOM. For a second reboot in less than 5 years? Fuck yeah it has. 

The WOM was so insane it had two massive drops in week two and three and is heading to a drop of more than 40% this weekend.  

2.9 or 3 multiplier?

giphy.gif

• Like 1