CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

54 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I think it's just a bug with the clubs thing. It took a few days at least until I could post/see the discussion sections of the Cogman Cogclub. Came up with the same error that the DCEU Club has now.

You could cogently say it took a while for the club to be cognizant of your existence, perhaps it was looking for a cognomen.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

With Annabelle guaranteed to open close to 40 million IT really looks like it is going to blow up in September

I'm starting to think my conservative $50-60m OW prediction might be the floor. 

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

If it's Batman, the June 2019 movie will happen. It will take the WW slot.

Fox has a Marvel film scheduled for the week before but I suspect they'll move it to August if the June 2019 DC film is Batman or SS2.

Edited by Jonwo

I don't see how IT opens to less than $60M. 

I mean unless it ends being a giant steaming pile of shit, I really don't see how IT isn't just going to shatter some records. I'm talking OW. I'm talking horror movie records. 

This thing is gonna be huge. 

• Like 1

Annabelle - Creation should definitely finish above the first film in DOM total, even if it ends up at $35-36 million OW.

$40 million/$110 million seems reasonable since it has minimal competition between now and September 8th. 

Hitman's Bodyguard may also end up surprising with a $35 million+ OW since, like Girls Trip, it may be a well-received comedy in a summer where all of them have been panned underperformers. 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Fox has a Marvel film scheduled for the week before but I suspect they'll move it to August if the June 2019 DC film is Batman or SS2.

I think Sony wants that spot too for Homecoming 2 just in case.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I still get stunned by stop motion techniques, Chicken Run still holds up today and Laika really pushes the technology to its limits and produced stunning results. I like CGI but it can be a bit samey.

Paranorman & Kubo had some amazing sequences that were so-good, they almost looked realistic. I was astonished.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UNDERDOG said:

Since you're one of the leaders of the DCEU club, I gotta ask:

I can't access the discussion. Is that just a me thing or is that for everyone?

It's not just you.  I'm having the same issue and opened up a support ticket.  If I hear anything back before the problem fixes itself via internet magic, I'll let you know.

3 minutes ago, Dbot1800 said:

It's not just you.  I'm having the same issue and opened up a support ticket.  If I hear anything back before the problem fixes itself via internet magic, I'll let you know.

Some users can access, we have some discussion already started in the group. I have raised the issue as well, let's see what happens.

19 minutes ago, Dbot1800 said:

Appreicate it, mate.

1 minute ago, That Floating Guy said:

Wow, Annabelle Creation was really good and David F. Sandberg is becoming one of my favorite directors in Hollywood.  Of course Han didn't like it since he's such a fucking casual

Only casuals go for those cheap jump "scares". Sandberg needs to learn from Wan da gawd how to execute scares properly. 

Edited by WrathOfHan