CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

2 hours ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

There're more Tarkovskys out there, Han. Time to step up. 

ATOMIC BLONDE SPOILERS:

In ATOMIC BLONDE, they fucking have a fight during a showing of STALKER. It's fucking moronic and so try-hard. Reminds me of WHILE WE'RE YOUNG when Adam Driver says "Have you seen STRIKE! ?, that's Eisenstein's real masterpiece!". No shit, that's what every fucking professor says AGHHHH

7 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Didn't help Ouija. Although Annabelle has The Conjuring fan base going for it. 

The first Ouija wasn't as successful as Annabelle. 

Good for Annabelle though.

Edited by Fancyarcher

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Ouija wasn't released theatrically, so I don't think it's fair to compare it.

Good for Annabelle though.

In the U.S. and I'm pretty sure a lot of overseas markets both Ouijas were theatrical releases. 

Edited by Rman823

4 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

In the U.S. both Ouijas were theatrical releases. 

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

What?

Whoops, was thinking of something else when I typed that. My bad (slaps head). 

Edited by Fancyarcher

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I do, I'm running a comparative with SS and if it's jump from Thurs to Fri is too muted the chances of going for $320M becomes incredibly difficult. Please?

I don't know if you are being casual with that statement (going by your usual predictions on Spidey's potential dom), but even with a bad Friday bump and a weekend of 5 (-43.5%), it will be on 305.35, 14.65 away from 320. That would not be incredibly difficult looking at it's weekdays (for eg: did 5.2 over Mon-Thu) but quiet likely, with LD FSSM and dollar bump and all.

Edited by a2knet

7 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Well there were tons of shitty direct to DVD Ouija rip offs. 

The Ouija Experiment was a pretty shitty film, and it was released before the actual Ouija film. Maybe I got it mixed-up with that (ha). Hard to say it's much worse then the actual Ouija film, though.

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

I don't know if you are being flippant, but even with a bad Friday bump and a weekend of 5 (-43.5%), it will be on 305.35, 14.65 away from 320. That would not be incredibly difficult looking at it's weekdays (for eg: did 5.2 over Mon-Thu) but quiet likely, with LD FSSM and dollar bump and all.

Sony usually pulls out films before WB/DIS. SS's sixth Friday was $1.4m, but it was coming from a $445k Thursday. At same period of time, SS was at $301.7m, from there it went for $325m. Hence why I've got worried with the low numbers for the new theatrical releases and the absence of Homecoming among the films Rth listed.

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Sony usually pulls out films before WB/DIS. SS's sixth Friday was $1.4m, but it was coming from a $445k Thursday. At same period of time, SS was at $301.7m, from there it went for $325m. Hence why I've got worried with the low numbers for the new theatrical releases and the absence of Homecoming among the films Rth listed.

You can wait until morning.

Gee @Stutterng baumer Denbrough, we really should build a time machine to send these people back to when you really had to wait for the estimates to come in. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I think LD FSS will help. At least when it comes to milestones Sony has been known to stretch the late run of movies (Spetre, Passengers). Spider doesn't have any major milestone within reach as it crossed 300 but Sony could still give it some late mileage.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think LD FSS will help. At least when it comes to milestones Sony has been known to stretch the late run of movies (Spetre, Passengers). Spider doesn't have any major milestone within reach as it crossed 300 but Sony could still give it some late mileage.

The only milestone ahead I can think of is $336m from SM3.  But getting there depends of not just strong weekdays, but steady short weekend drops. If it could go for a $6m-$7m weekend instead of $5m it could get there, but it is not looking likely.