CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

Still weirdly bifurcated between the main and IGN though.  Not that I think it'll do it even if I combine the two channels (at 593k combined currently), but this weird split is making any comp against Moon Knight nearly useless.  I even checked IGN's channel for it's MK total and it's sitting at around 55k in likes which makes it a spit in the bucket.

So... I gots nothing.  Luck of the draw?  Being hosted somewhere on some major websites?  Got me.

I don't think Moon Knight is a great comp anyway though, Marvel trailer behavior is very different from SW (see Hawkeye vs BOBF trailer views). 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I don't think Moon Knight is a great comp anyway though, Marvel trailer behavior is very different from SW (see Hawkeye vs BOBF trailer views). 

Fair enough.  What I think we can all agree on is that this smoking Mando S2's numbers. Maybe not even fair in that regard, given how anticipated this trailer was.  Still, one of the betters comps we have.

(still weird though on SW/IGN)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

40mil views around the corner... hopefully in few hours...

YouTube:

SW YT:      7.650m views 423k likes

IGN:          5.173m views  243k likes

OTHER:     5.728m views

Facebook:    5.5m views 45k likes

Twitter:       10.6m views  117k likes

Instagram:    3.144mil views 

TOGETHER +- : 37.795 mil views

• Like 3

almost 39mil

YouTube:

SW YT:      8.026m views 435k likes

IGN:          5.344m views 253k likes

OTHER:     5.9m views

Facebook:   5.685m views 45k likes

Twitter:      10.8m views  117k likes

Instagram:  3.243m views 

TOGETHER +- : 38.998 mil views

@Porthos you might want to check "OTHER", it's possible that I counted few reactions to trailer, not trailer alone... so there is maybe million more from reactions, so my current number might not be correct...

anyway, it will do 40mil+ for sure :)

Marek

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

almost 39mil

YouTube:

SW YT:      8.026m views 435k likes

IGN:          5.344m views 253k likes

OTHER:     5.9m views

Facebook:   5.685m views 45k likes

Twitter:      10.8m views  117k likes

Instagram:  3.243m views 

TOGETHER +- : 38.998 mil views

@Porthos you might want to check "OTHER", it's possible that I counted few reactions to trailer, not trailer alone... so there is maybe million more from reactions, so my current number might not be correct...

anyway, it will do 40mil+ for sure :)

Marek

Yeah, my OTHER was a bit under than yours when I checked earlier today as I made sure not to count reaction videos, but it's close enough. Not far enough apart for me to double-check your math at any rate.  :)

Also, as @Inceptionzq noted, I'd use the Official Obi Wan Kenobi Twitter Account for likes (or better yet combine it with the SW Twitter Account) as it is far higher (225.5k at the moment).

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

This is an INSANELY great article, BTW.  Covers a ton of aspects of the series and how it came to be.  Some of it quite poignant.  

Highly highly HIGHLY recommended.

===

And since some of us are always looking to the horizon and not the here and now:

Ah, but how long will we get to see Obi-Wan Kenobi explore those different lanes and feelings? The show has been billed as one 6-episode season — but with plenty of room to play with before the events of A New Hope, could there be more? "It was definitely conceived as a limited series, and it is one big story with a beginning, middle, and end," says Chow. "The approach has always been that it is one full story."

But leave it to the studio head to keep any and all options on the table. "It's certainly something we talk about," Kennedy says of a possible extension, "mainly because everybody came together and had such an incredible time. Ewan had an incredible time. Hayden had an incredible time. So certainly from that point of view, everybody involved would love to see this not end. But we have to really spend our time asking the question: Why would we do it? If we were to decide to do anything more with the Obi-Wan character, we'd have to really answer the question why?

Not closing the door on more self-contained Obi-Wan stories certainly is... NOTED.

(much much much more at the article and I recommend every SW fan here read it)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

last update for while, maybe it will get 45 or 50mil in week or so...

YouTube:

SW YT:      9.184m views 453k likes

IGN:          5.692m views 259k likes

OTHER:      6.345m views, all from trailer, but more than 15 channels...

Facebook:    5.781m views 45k likes

Twitter:      11.0m views  120k likes

Instagram:  3.368mil views 

TOGETHER +- : 41.370 mil views, somebody can get views comparison with other major TV series...

• Like 2

little update, we are closing on 50mil in few days or so..., will post it here after we break it

YouTube:

SW YT:      11.585m views 498k likes

IGN:            5.940m views 259k likes

OTHER:       9.722m views 

Facebook:   5.949m views 47k likes

Twitter:      11.3m views  121k likes

Instagram:   3.560mil views 

TOGETHER +- : 48.056 mil views

Numbers for other TV SERIES are from official YT channel, dont' have time now to check all soc media and all copies on other channels, when I will have time :) I will do counting for all of them, Kenobi has a chance
to get ahead of most of them

MOON KNIGHT: main trailer on YT: 30mil
LOKI: 23.5mil
VANDA VISION: 23mil
HAWKEYE: 21mil

MANDALORIAN 1 : 25mil
MANDALORIAN 2 : 16mil
BOOK OF BOBA FETT : 11mil

Edited by Marek the Jedi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sooooo :) probably last update for FIRST TRAILER ;)

YouTube:

SW YT:      12.377m views 516k likes

IGN:            6.003m views 265k likes

OTHER:     12.804m views

Facebook:    6.001m views 48k likes

Twitter:       11.4m views  121k likes

Instagram:   3.577mil views 

TOGETHER +- : 52.162 mil views

REACTIONS : :) almost another 8mil views

just for fun if I count reactions :) it's about 60mil views, not bad :) not bad ;) 

Edited by Marek the Jedi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will be a big hit initially for sure.

Star wars is big and Ewan McGregor Obi Wan is a fan Favourite and the prequels lore is big these days in the SW Fandom.

The premise of this show is epic and cool but I am uncertain how it work...like based on ANH Luke and Ben rarely every meet or talked. 

24 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

The premise of this show is epic and cool but I am uncertain how it work...like based on ANH Luke and Ben rarely every meet or talked. 

Informed speculation, but still speculation.  But since it's informed, under the spoiler box it goes:

Spoiler

There is Another Skywalker who seemed to be a lot more chummy/have reason to think kindly of Old Ben than Luke, you know. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Informed speculation, but still speculation.  But since it's informed, under the spoiler box it goes:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I mean she would have been about 10 at the time. Though I guess she was 15 in Rebels and already seemed to be pretty highly trusted in the Rebellion. 

• Like 2

Trailer is finally up on D+, @Potiki

Also an official description:

e8hetxave3o81.jpg?width=417&auto=webp&s=

Not exactly anything we didn't already know about Vader but could also refer to the Inquisitors, since most if not all are ex-Jedi.

Could be something more to it though. Find out soon enuf. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Trailer is finally up on D+, @Potiki

Also an official description:

e8hetxave3o81.jpg?width=417&auto=webp&s=

Not exactly anything we didn't already know about Vader but could also refer to the Inquisitors, since most if not all are ex-Jedi.

Could be something more to it though. Find out soon enuf. 

Yeah watched the trailer last night, it is beautiful in Dolby Vision ❤️

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Potiki said:

Yeah watched the trailer last night, it is beautiful in Dolby Vision ❤️

we should have D+ sometime in summer over here in Slovakia and Czech republick, hopefully before KENOBI start :)
they are removing Disney stuff from HBO MAX begining in april, so maybe good chance to get it in MAY :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

we should have D+ sometime in summer over here in Slovakia and Czech republick, hopefully before KENOBI start :)
they are removing Disney stuff from HBO MAX begining in april, so maybe good chance to get it in MAY :)

Yeah Summer 2022 for a bunch of countries, with both Kenobi and Ms.Marvel coming in late May/early June getting the service out around that time would make a lot of sense. 

• Like 1