CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

@Porthos or anyone who can answer this. Is it necessary to watch previous SW shows to watch this? I have only watched Mandalorian S1 and am yet to see S2 as well as The Book of Boba Fett both of which I plan on watching soon. I have not seen nor plan to see Clone Wars animated series. 

Nope.   While The Clone Wars might add a ton of resonance (and Rebels definitely will) I don't think there's anything here so far that requires anything other than the prequels.  Hell, even the prequels might not be necessary given the recap at the start of the first episode.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ZeeSoh Gonna amend my post verrrrrrry slightly and comment that the concept of Inquisitors was introduced in Rebels, more or less, but that everything you need to know about them, including the characters present is more than explained in these two episodes.  

Not that you aren’t already familiar with them since you played Jedi: Fallen Order, but after I made my post, I did realize there’s some significant connective tissue between this and Rebels, but literally zero need to have seen that show.

BIG SPOILERS FOR KENOBI

Spoiler

In fact, seeing Rebels beforehand might be a slight detriment if things play out the way most of us suspect.

Though I will admit to being shocked out of my skin at a certain scene, though perhaps for different reasons than folks who haven’t seen Rebels.

Edited by Porthos
  • Thanks 1

Wow! I really liked the first two episodes. Ewan is so great! the direction is great. the writing for the most part is great. probably best Star Wars since CWS7. 

• Like 1

First two episodes are overall very solid i think. Ewan is as great as i expected. Two things though i found really funny:

Spoiler

Child Leia ia 100% what i pictured when i thought of younger Leia in the past, but child Leia is not the best actor. Line delivery is very funny sometimes and also why is she faster than anyone else in this show? That wood chase was hilarious its like the adult actors actively avoided to run fast lol. And same on the city planet. Its not like Leia turned into a little Ferrari she was just hopping about and nobody catches her xD

Spoiler

Also Reva is very funny to me. Her lines are prequel-level cheese, its hilarious. Im glad to see Star Wars sticking to that kind of dialogue, its appreciated.

Overall, 7 - 7,5/10 for me. But i think this has great potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Problem is that it allows little movement for both the actors (they cant get too far away from the screens) and the camera. 

yeah I understand what you are talking about, and yes it's true, hopefully the stage will get bigger, I think they made it bigger from mandalorian Season 1 to Season 2, right?

hmm directors are forced to be more creative ;)

I thought the first episode was alright but the second was an improvement. The visuals are pretty good and it clearly knows its audience of people with a fondness for the (much-derided in several corners) prequel trilogy. The child actress playing Young Leia is spot-on.

Ewan effortlessly slips back into the character as if the last time he played him was yesterday, not 17 years ago.

On 5/30/2022 at 1:42 PM, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

First two episodes are overall very solid i think. Ewan is as great as i expected. Two things though i found really funny:

Hide contents

Child Leia ia 100% what i pictured when i thought of younger Leia in the past, but child Leia is not the best actor. Line delivery is very funny sometimes and also why is she faster than anyone else in this show? That wood chase was hilarious its like the adult actors actively avoided to run fast lol. And same on the city planet. Its not like Leia turned into a little Ferrari she was just hopping about and nobody catches her xD

Hide contents

Also Reva is very funny to me. Her lines are prequel-level cheese, its hilarious. Im glad to see Star Wars sticking to that kind of dialogue, its appreciated.

Overall, 7 - 7,5/10 for me. But i think this has great potential.

Nah reeva  just not a good actor. In the prequels dialogue is cringe and weird bse lucas was terrible at directing actors. Portman,neeson,mccregor ,jackson etc... Are all solid to great actors it's just what they were given that was lacking.

Boba fett show also had  some really clunky dialogue.

1 hour ago, Knights of Ren said:

Moses posted some of the very nasty hate she is getting on her IG story.  Star Wars fans contribute to show why they are the worst fandom on earth.  

The second most annoying thing than that vocal minority is those who keep on bitching about the toxicity of the fan base

Twitter has always been a nasty place and those people are always there for most modern franchises.

Starwars has a very large fan base and lots of reasonable fans and not toxic ones as the whole TLJ PR debacle would make you believe.

This whole toxic fan base shit has really started becoming a pre-emptive shield against any criticism and it's getting old stale and boring.

Enjoy the show say what you loved and didn't and move on. That toxic side is a waste of one's breath and time.

38 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

The second most annoying thing than that vocal minority is those who keep on bitching about the toxicity of the fan base

Twitter has always been a nasty place and those people are always there for most modern franchises.

Starwars has a very large fan base and lots of reasonable fans and not toxic ones as the whole TLJ PR debacle would make you believe.

This whole toxic fan base shit has really started becoming a pre-emptive shield against any criticism and it's getting old stale and boring.

Enjoy the show say what you loved and didn't and move on. That toxic side is a waste of one's breath and time.

Star Wars has had shit fans that have had very negative impacts on the actors for decades.  That bullshit needs to be called out.  

46 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Cool. That doesn't mean these people should be allowed to feel validated in their awful behavior without consequence. They need to get an actual life for once instead of taking out their misguided "anger" (with a touch of blatant racism) over fictional characters all the time. Same goes with the folks who harassed the 12 year old black actress who was cast in the Percy Jackson series recently (I would bet money that there's some overlap there).

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

Moses posted some of the very nasty hate she is getting on her IG story.  Star Wars fans contribute to show why they are the worst fandom on earth.  

I forget where I read it the other day but apparently Disney straight up told her when she was cast that she was gonna have to deal with racist SW fans.  Lol, I guess some SW fans and beardtube has gotten that predictable.  I think shes a bad actress(at least in this, haven't seen her in anything else) but the way fandom and reactionaries go after people these days is just wild.  You either like the show or not and move on with your life, these people are just pathetic.

This reminds me of all the shit Daisy Ridley got on the internet because SW fans thought her character was a "Mary Sue" and "too perfect". 

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

I forget where I read it the other day but apparently Disney straight up told her when she was cast that she was gonna have to deal with racist SW fans.  Lol, I guess some SW fans and beardtube has gotten that predictable.  I think shes a bad actress(at least in this, haven't seen her in anything else) but the way fandom and reactionaries go after people these days is just wild.  You either like the show or not and move on with your life, these people are just pathetic.

This reminds me of all the shit Daisy Ridley got on the internet because SW fans thought her character was a "Mary Sue" and "too perfect". 

But daisy was a "mary sue" at least by the end of the trilogy.

Lots of characters have mary suish traits esp action movie  and chosen one tropes  but the issue is that she gained all those skills and powers without much training yet the previous movies established skills are acquired through training and experience .

We don't care about John wick,tom cruise, bond because it's the written that way internally in their universe and the resulting sequels carry it onwards.

The problem with rey is that how she attains her power contradicts with what was established in previous movies and other starwars content and it severely undermines the stakes and turns the force into a dragon ball z power.

Anakin being the chosen one and having large amount of midichlorians  than many didn't stop his ass from being bitten by both doku and obi wan bse they were both more experienced and knew more. He reached his peak as vader and some of the shit she pulls off in ROS is insane.

Edited by Liiviig 1998