WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

1 minute ago, straggler said:

Best actress. 

Lawrence isn't happening. The category is way too competitive this year; all of these people are ahead of her:

Sally Hawkins

Meryl Streep

Kate Winslet (providing the rumors are accurate)

Frances McDormand

Saoirse Ronan

Jessica Chastain

Emma Stone

Margot Robbie

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

No one's talking about Annabelle - more than understandly so, I'll say that - but that is yet another sub-50% Fri to Fri drop and over 200% Thu to Fri increase for this HORROR SPIN-OFF PREQUEL'S PREQUEL RELEASED IN AUGUST.

It's double feature effect is surely massive, but A:C is still a noteworthy performer on its very own.

Very fantastic run for it. Looks like it will pass the $100m mark before this Thursday. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lawrence isn't happening. The category is way too competitive this year; all of these people are ahead of her:

Sally Hawkins

Meryl Streep

Kate Winslet (providing the rumors are accurate)

Frances McDormand

Saoirse Ronan

Jessica Chastain

Emma Stone

Margot Robbie

But her performance is simply better. 

• Like 1

Cinematography for mother? Over something like Blade Runner 2049? That movie may suck but the film looks like it's at least going to be gorgeous.

Mother took place in one location. I don't agree with that over something like Dunkirk again.

I don't see it happening. Even IT was way better in this category (but I definitely don't see that being nominated - even though imo, it has one of the best scores of the year).

There's a lot still to come out too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Cinematography for mother? Over something like Blade Runner 2049? That movie may suck but the film looks like it's at least going to be gorgeous.

Mother took place in one location. I don't agree with that over something like Dunkirk again.

I don't see it happening. Even IT was way better in this category (but I definitely don't see that being nominated - even though imo, it has one of the best scores of the year).

There's a lot still to come out too.

I said mother! was competing for the last two spots. The top 3 is obviously Dunkirk/Shape of Water/Blade Runner.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Is this some actual early word? I don't keep up with this sort of thing and I'd be super disappointed if it turns out that it's shit.

• Like 1

Geez man, I'm glad I'm not a super fan of a particular actor. Some projects are always going to be worse than others and I'm tired of talking about mother. Those that love it will continue to do so and those who hate it are going to continue to pile on it. 

Anyway is that 19.2 number for IT more accurate than rth? They were both posted pretty quickly and I don't know how reliable that Box Office source is that tweeted it.

If so, 19.2 is fucking awesome.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I said mother! was competing for the last two spots. The top 3 is obviously Dunkirk/Shape of Water/Blade Runner.

Ah I don't know. Again I'm not aware of all the Oscar style/bait movies that will be releasing over the next three months outside of Shape Of Water. Usually that's where a lot of the nominations come from in that category though (although Gravity was released in September too).

• Like 1