WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Jigsaw getting IMAX DOM is hilarious.

Wait, Jigsaw is getting IMAX? :rofl:

Well, I guess I can't blame Lionsgate and IMAX for trying, given that it's coming on Halloween and It is working out really well for WB..... and when you think about it, it does make sense to have a Saw movie in IMAX. Getting that glorious splat of blood and gore in a big widescreen and all :rofl: What's next, a 3D conversi-oh, wait.........

But how the hell did Lionsgate even convince IMAX to drop Blade Runner from their thea-OH wait a minute, Geostorm is getting them after BR2049. That explains it.

17 minutes ago, Rth TIFF said:

IT come it  at bit higher 18.7,AA 5.8-9,mother about right 3.2,see what est come out at

60M is a done deal for It. Unbelievable. 10M+ more than the previous September OW record, and this is its sophomore hold. What a stallion. And 100% deserved. The movie is terrific and a ton of fun.

AA is good for about 15-17, which is pretty good. mother!..... will it even make 15M DOM?

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

Should be the last good hold for Spider-Man.  Might drop 50%+ next weekend.  After 331 million, each million after is going to be a struggle. 

It's still not in 2nd runs, so it's got a good 4-5 weeks of that BO after it finally falls out of 1st run...and even next weekend, I'm not sure it's gonna lose all its 1st runs...it was the weekend I thought it'd drop out, but I thought Dunkirk (or any one July/early August movie) would still be above it at this point...and it's not...

Edited by TwoMisfits

53 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Power Rangers is a flop, but not for them. They were likely in the green as soon as it hit homevideo and VOD.

Noah was a pretty big hit c'mon now. It did 363M WW on a 125M budget. mother! sure, it is a flop, I agree. He has another project set at Paramount, we will see if that moves forward.

44 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Only when you factor in its overseas total, though. Domestically it was considered somewhat of a flop (it literally died after opening weekend and most people didn't care for the movie itself).

Noah came in under Black Swan domestically, about $40m more worldwide. Obviously Swan overperformed for a $13m movie, but I think the studio hoped for more for their $125m Biblical epic, maybe more like $500m worldwide instead of what they got.

The $13m figure thrown around for Mother made sense; it's the same as Black Swan. I figured the limited advertising before was because they knew this was pretty WTF and figured a big ad spend wasn't worth it. $30m P&A to get an $8m opening, that's gonna hurt.

Maybe father! with Leo has a $30m OW but even he had J. Edgar (and father! costs much more than $30m besides). No star can sell absolutely everything, that's been true ever since there have been movies.

• Like 2