WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

Just now, filmlover said:

Really weak, tbh. It needed better numbers for Jake to become a very serious contender. Between this and Patriots Day flopping, I don't think we'll be seeing any more movies centered around the Boston Marathon bombings any time soon.

It's too soon for these types of films and the subject manner is just super depressing, largely because it really happened.

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Simmons for "haha" works too I guess

that's the best 'haha". cause:sparta:is more of a 'look what i did' grin from the person making the joke while not really usable when expressing genuine appreciation when someone cracks a joke.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's too soon for these types of films and the subject manner is just super depressing, largely because it really happened.

Movies about real life tragedies are made all the time, I think the problem with stories around this particular event is that 1) it wasn't even five years ago that it happened and 2) we watched the whole thing (the bombings, the two guys responsible getting taken down) play out in real time.

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

that's the best 'haha". cause:sparta:is more of a 'look what i did' grin from the person making the joke while not really usable when expressing genuine appreciation when someone cracks a joke.

JK's fine but Laughing Evans was robbed

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JB33 said:

$15.3M for Kingsman? That's well below estimates from yesterday.

I'm betting most of the estimators forgot much of the East Coast was off from school (and many from work who celebrate the holiday or had to take care of those kids off school) while the West Coast was pretty much in school, so they took those early matinee numbers and overestimated...

It would explain the even worse % drop for Ninjago from early numbers... 

I'm morbidly curious about book of Henry. I truly do feel like Colin Trevorrow looks like an Emperor's New Clothes situation. I didn't find his so-called great movie to be very good. It's just a standard twee indie film. Anyway Jurassic World had good word of mouth and made a massive 1.6 billion so he'll get another big gig. And to be fair, Star Wars is a DC level cluster behind the scenes.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1