grim22

Bob's Burgers | May 27, 2022

2 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah. Bob's Burgers audience is more limited. I'm actually surprised Fox has even greenlit a film in the first place. 

I'm surprised Family Guy still hasn't got a movie. That could do good business on a $60-75m budget. 

Rick and Morty the Movie would be good although I'm not sure if WB would be up for it. 

51 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised Family Guy still hasn't got a movie. That could do good business on a $60-75m budget. 

Rick and Morty the Movie would be good although I'm not sure if WB would be up for it. 

A legit Family Guy movie was rumored for years, and MacFarlane said he was interested, but nothing ever got off the ground. 

As for Rick and Morty, I wouldn't mind a feature film, but I'd prefer if the creators were on board with it. Harmon and Roiland don't strike me as guys who are interested in doing a film right away.

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

A legit Family Guy movie was rumored for years, and MacFarlane said he was interested, but nothing ever got off the ground. 

As for Rick and Morty, I wouldn't mind a feature film, but I'd prefer if the creators were on board with it. Harmon and Roiland don't strike me as guys who are interested in doing a film right away.

I think MacFarlane wanted a Family Guy movie to be a musical which I would up for! MacFarlane spreads himself too thinly with FG, American Dad and The Orville that a FG movie would need something to be cancelled or take a hiatus. 

38 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think MacFarlane wanted a Family Guy movie to be a musical which I would up for! MacFarlane spreads himself too thinly with FG, American Dad and The Orville that a FG movie would need something to be cancelled or take a hiatus. 

A Family Guy film could also be the series finale for the show. It should have ended a while back anyway, even with Fox continuing to renew it, mostly because it does well for them ratings wise. 

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

A Family Guy film could also be the series finale for the show. It should have ended a while back anyway, even with Fox continuing to renew it, mostly because it does well for them ratings wise. 

Both Family Guy and The Simpsons are huge moneymakers for FOX and unless they find another animated series that can do as well, they won't end. I know MacFarlane developed a pilot for a reboot of The Flintstones but FOX only liked it but not enough to commit to a series and the rights went back to Warner Bros.

Personally, I'd rather see an FOX animated sitcom which is more like a friendship or workplace series like Futurama rather a family although Bob's Burgers is both a family based sitcom and a workplace sitcom.