That One Girl

Eli | January 4, 2019 | Paramount | Horror | Directed by Ciaran Foy (Sinister 2)

http://deadline.com/2017/10/eli-release-date-announcement-paramount-pictures-1202189095/

Paramount Pictures has acquired its first screenplay for its Paramount Players label to go into production: the 2015 Black List horror script Eliwhich will be released on Jan. 4, 2019.

Pic will be directed by Sinister 2 director Ciaran Foy and follows a young boy who undergoes treatment for his rare disease in a secluded clinic, which becomes a haunted prison. Trevor Macy produces via his Intrepid banner.

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

You act as if a studio makes or breaks the quality of a film.

Actually, a movie that suffers big influence from studios will always have it’s quality changed for the better or for the worse.

Who knows how IT would’ve turned to if Warner didn’t change the dark tone of the movie for a more friendly one?

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Was purchased by Netflix.

I know. That's why I said thank you (for the info). :)

Somehow I missed that report so I'd always wonder about it whenever I looked at the January release schedule and still saw it there.

18 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

Sorry, I didn't see that status. My bad. It makes sense considering there was no advertisement for the film but I saw it listed on Box Office Mojo as well and had to ask. 

Yep, that's why I was confused as well. Luckily that's cleared up.