Mr Impossible

Monday Numbers: BR 2049 - $1.45M, It - $475K

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What are the chances of HDD, Madea and IT not losing any screens or getting extra screens the weekend before Halloween?

HDD will likely lose screens as the two week minimums will be over by then. That two week minimum rule will keep Madea steady on theater counts. IT could increase but will likely decrease as usual for a film in its eighth week.

Speaking of Madea, I’m wondering if it has an outside chance of upsetting Geostorm this weekend. Maybe I should check the Derby thread.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, HesAPooka said:

It's going to need serious award consideration and people giving a fuck about those awards cause right now it's running 3m ahead of The Mummy at the same point in time and that made 80m

I'll be shocked if this plays well with AMPAS. It doesn't have Girl Power narrative like MMFR or "we should work together for peace" message like Arrival. It isn't warm. Also, The Shape of Water's going to be fantasy/genre movie of the awards season.