Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

I remember getting the Digimon: The Movie soundtrack for Christmas the year it came out and it actually wasn't that bad. :ph34r:

I bought that soundtrack when it first came out. Still have it somewhere in my basement too. Loved playing the hell out of it back in the day.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

are we saying that digimon the movie influenced shrek and therefore the entire modern american animation film landscape? i think we are!

Technically, Inspector Gadget had the song first, so I'd say Rupert Everett changed was the main influencer for Shrek. Only fitting the movies he was in were the highest-grossing in the franchise.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Technically, Inspector Gadget had the song first, so I'd say Rupert Everett changed was the main influencer for Shrek. Only fitting the movies he was in were the highest-grossing in the franchise.

WAS NOT THE SONG WRITTEN FOR MYSTERY MEN?

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

The First Movie tried. It was totally bullshit and hypocritical, but it tried.

I liked how the Japanese dub actually had themes of existentialism and Mewtwo as morally ambiguous, but when 4Kids got their hands on it, the writers took out all of the nuance and made the conflict black and white and added in some half-assed "violence is bad" message, because they thought kids were too stupid to understand what would happen.

Just now, RandomYojimbo said:

The fact it kills ash, and he is brought back by magic tears. :rofl:

I remember seeing Tangled on TV, and laughing my ass off at the end when Disney ripped off The First Movie with that "magic tear" BS.

• Like 1