Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, Webslinger said:

Black Panther fucking ruled, but I got yanked right out of the first credits scene when a fight nearly broke out. It's a pub cinema and both guys - a belligerent thirtysomething and another guy who appeared to be in his late-50s/early-60s - were spectacularly shitfaced. I see a lot of movies there and yet this is the first time something like that has almost happened.

My theater just opened a bar downstairs so people can get drinks before the movies.

Related image

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The only time I've ever seen people order drinks at my theater was about halfway through Darkest Hour when a theater employee brought the group in front of me some fruity smelling drinks lol

Well, you do live in the drunken trailer trash section of Florida...

• Sad 1

Can't believe we're still looking for the Declaration of Independence what, 14 years later?

Edited by Jandrew
  • Haha 2

I just binged my way through season 4 of Broad City this week, so half the mentions of Florida have me thinking of their Florida episode where Abbi and Ilana encounter every known elderly white Floridian stereotype.

The other half of those mentions? The Florida Project. Lovely film, but damn the real-life inspiration looks and sounds bleak.

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

I just binged my way through season 4 of Broad City this week, so half the mentions of Florida have me thinking of their Florida episode where Abbi and Ilana encounter every known elderly white Floridian stereotype.

The other half of those mentions? The Florida Project. Lovely film, but damn the real-life inspiration looks and sounds bleak.

I went by the Magic Castle when we vacationed at Disney the week after Thanksgiving. If anything, the movie somehow makes that place look better than it is in reality.

34 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

The last one isn't uncomfortable at all tho. At least not for the parents, they're drunk. 😂

Lemme rephrase: "your drunk parents sharing your conception story to your new college roommates and that hot girl who lives across the hall during Parents Weekend."

• Haha 1