Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, Dexter of Suburbia said:

The USA did not get the memo about healthcare, living standards, college etc. 

Or that their theme parks shouldn't cost $100+ per ticket. :ph34r:

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

bankruptcy means any NDAs are voided.

I would really doubt that (except if explicitly stated in them that they are voided in that case), I would imagine that they would be owned like everything by the successor/liquidator.

It is possible that those new owner of the asset will not care about enforcing them too, making them effectively void or even actively cancel them as a PR move or they could want to keep enforcing them if they consider that it would hurt the value of the asset they have to sell while trying to save investor life saving, employee retirement fund if they have some, production company still waiting for payment and so on.

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

I would really doubt that (except if explicitly stated in them that they are voided in that case), I would imagine that they would be owned like everything by the successor/liquidator.

It is possible that those new owner of the asset will not care about enforcing them too, making them effectively void or even actively cancel them as a PR move or they could want to keep enforcing them if they consider that it would hurt the value of the asset they have to sell while trying to save investor life saving, employee retirement fund if they have some, production company still waiting for payment and so on.

Bob Weinstein's own words

https://www.thewrap.com/weinstein-company-releases-accusers-nondisclosure-agreements-bankruptcy-filing/

“Harvey Weinstein used non-disclosure agreements as a secret weapon to silence his accusers. Effective immediately, those ‘agreements’ end.”

Just now, tribefan695 said:

Bob Weinstein's own words

The way it is stated, it is not because bankruptcy void them but because they are deciding to stop enforcing them (something they could always has done at any time), that is probably 2 independent event (maybe a last PR move knowing the liquidator would not have cared about them anyway).