Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

tbw, @Dexter of Suburbia, this is one of the most awesome responses to studio notes I've ever seen.

Mel Brooks produced THE ELEPHANT MAN and they screened a cut of the movie for execs at one point. The execs got nervous and asked to cut some of the more Lynchian scenes and Brooks wrote back: "We are involved in a business venture. We screened the film for you to bring you up to date as to the status of that venture. Do not misconstrue this as our soliciting the input of raging primitives."

:rofl: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The movie. 

Obviously the show on Broadway rules. 

I felt so bad rewatching the film a couple of years back. It was one of my introductory movies that made me say "Hey, cinema seems like a fun hobby," and I was absolutely obsessed with the film back then. But about two or so years ago, I rewatched it, and...yeah, it doesn't hold up as well as it did when I first saw it.

The Les Mis movies do not hold a candle to the live theater productions - so, if you like the movies, you have done yourself a disservice by not seeing the wildy better live play:)...

There has also never been a better dramatic musical soundtrack - I own the London cast's version, and I can literally listen to it every day:)...it is perfect!

Anyone who disagrees has a bad take:)...

• Like 2