Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I wasn't as big on Rushmore as I was on other Wes Anderson films (haven't seen Bottle Rocket and the only one I would rank Rushmore above is Darjeeling Limited), but it's still a really entertaining movie. Can't wait to see Isle of Dogs next weekend.

Edited by Webslinger

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This part is interesting

Many observers assumed that Megan Ellison's Annapurna had long ago locked up a domestic rights deal to the mega-franchise, but insiders say that is not the case. Neither domestic nor international rights (where Warners' Kevin Tsujihara is said to be the frontrunner) have been closed, leaving a question mark with only 19 months till the Nov. 8, 2019, release.

With the sale, the rights, the appointment of a director, script and location scouting, I am thinking Bond might be getting delayed.

13 minutes ago, AJG said:

I’ve come to the realisation that my favourite movie starring Eugene Levy is “Like Mike”.

Now that was a movie that I watched all the time as a kid. I'm not even a basketball fan, I mainly watched it because it had Stuart Little Kid in it.

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Rushmore is pretty great

I love it.  The only downside is brought about the Bill Murray is basically going to play the same character for the next 15-20 years.  

• Like 3

Just now, DAR said:

I had no idea BDTH was this beloved BOT classic 

It's a guilty pleasure for me. I remember seeing it in theaters and the audience howling at the fight scene linked above and every time Betty White's racist neighbor character appeared.

10 minutes ago, DAR said:

I love it.  The only downside is brought about the Bill Murray is basically going to play the same character for the next 15-20 years.  

So what you’re saying is he should be playing his Rushmore character Rushless

Edited by That One Guy

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

So what you’re saying is he should be playing his Rushmore character Rushless

Well at least this time the joke died in the first post instead of stretching it to five

• Like 1
  • Haha 1