Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Glen Powell is near the top of my "when's his/her big breakout coming?" list. He should've gotten awards attention for Everybody Wants Some a few years back.

honestly i would've said "he should've played han solo" but perhaps it was best avoided.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mathemetrics said:

to not take your mind off of what you were thinking about.

to stay in deep concentration, and still see all your surroundings... difficult?

8 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Try reading some texts on Zen Buddhism. Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind is a good entry point. 

I will try and bookmark these.  

I was watching the opening scenes of Top Gun the other day and it has me thinking about what it would be like to fly a powered airplane like that at 500mph+ and the timely decisions one must make.  The only moment I can try and relate it towards is playing baseball when the ball is in play and directed at you and the concentration it requires.   For me, it would feel like that moment when driving in stop and go traffic real fast and having to brake quick.

Edited by mathemetrics

21 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

That feeling when you put in a full price cash offer on a property for a client but because of the market there's a serious chance it will get rejected:

gif-1.gif?resize=295,155

Holy Shit, they TOOK IT.

original.gif

• Like 2

If you bring a baby into an R rated horror movie, you are the scum of the earth. I just had to walk out of Hereditary because the theater wouldn't eject two parents who kept talking and coddling their baby. This is bullshit.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Glen Powell is near the top of my "when's his/her big breakout coming?" list. He should've gotten awards attention for Everybody Wants Some a few years back.

I won't be surprised if he's cast as the lead in a superhero film or a tentpole in the next few years. 

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I won't be surprised if he's cast as the lead in a superhero film or a tentpole in the next few years. 

I feel like if Marvel had held off on making Guardians of the Galaxy for a few more years they would've casted him as Star-Lord.

34 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If you bring a baby into an R rated horror movie, you are the scum of the earth. I just had to walk out of Hereditary because the theater wouldn't eject two parents who kept talking and coddling their baby. This is bullshit.

I would've stayed just to see how the parents and the baby would've reacted to the rest of the movie (especially one particular scene that occurs right before the first act is over).

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I would've stayed just to see how the parents and the baby would've reacted to the rest of the movie (especially one particular scene that occurs right before the first act is over).

Well considering I left right after the (this is in the trailer but I was surprised how early in the movie it is so tagging)

Spoiler

bird's head is cut off,

their reactions to that were enough :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Well considering I left right after the (this is in the trailer but I was surprised how early in the movie it is so tagging)

Hide contents

bird's head is cut off,

their reactions to that were enough :lol: 

Oh, once you see the rest of the movie, you'll wish you had stayed.

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Oh, once you see the rest of the movie, you'll wish you had stayed.

I already missed the opening scene when getting a staff member. I was 100% out of the movie and couldn't get into it at all.

Edited by WrathOfHan

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like I was blessed to see Hereditary with a subdued crowd on the opening Friday afternoon. Aside from these idiot teens who started clucking every time that sound was made lol.

I guess I’m not the only one who had to deal with the clucking people (except there were adults doing it at my screening)