Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

IT IS APRIL 1ST. I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS.

...dammit, I was hoping you wouldn't notice :ph34r:

On actual real news, SIC flopped baaaad on Sunday. 2nd week in a row that films have crippled SIC big time. Movies in the afternoons don't work anymore: fact or fiction?

37 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

All you need to know is that its an extremely boring version of cricket.

Still can't wrap my head around what the rules are. You're protecting sticks from a flat wide stick after doing a softball toss with  Image result for cricket game field this being the extent of the field?

Other American sports are just different names for the same thing.

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

One of these days I'll understand baseball

I do not even really try.

I think with foreign to me team sports I'd have to be there, to see it, with a running commentator explaining it whilst I am really focused and can ask the question I feel, not a YT clip or whatever explaining what they think I have to know in which row or so.

5 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

Still can't wrap my head around what the rules are. You're protecting sticks from a flat wide stick after doing a softball toss with  Image result for cricket game field this being the extent of the field?

The field is the entire oval it's just the captain decide to put all the fielders close to the batsman waiting for a catch.

3 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

Cricket grounds are bigger than football grounds. Also it's not a softball toss. Speed ranges from 50-100 mph. 

But I am still curious how you reach that conclusion that field is that small.

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The field is the entire oval it's just the captain decide to put all the fielders close to the batsman waiting for a catch.

Is the point to get to the other side or just knock down all the pegs?

8 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Cricket grounds are bigger than football grounds. Also it's not a softball toss. Speed ranges from 50-100 mph. 

But I am still curious how you reach that conclusion that field is that small.

Just looked at an image. So, essentially just a free-for-all as far as where to catch.

There's a batsman and a bowler. Objective of batsman is to score runs and for bowler to get batsman out. 

You can score runs by running or by boundaries. Running from one end of the pitch to another is 1 run, back to other end, 2 runs and so on. boundaries is like home run. If it goes over the boundary by air, it's 6 runs. By ground, 4.

Bowler can get batsman out by several means. Hit the pegs (stumps), catch out and others. That's the basic.

I think among major sports NFL is hardest to understand.

Football- hit the ball in goal.

Basketball- enter the ball in basket, 2 for inside the circle and 3 for outside.

Hockey- hit in the goal.

Tennis- serve it with one bounce in opposition side. Try it to pass to other side without opponent stopping it. Points system is little complex.

Table tennis- tennis on table.

Badminton- hit it on ground 

Baseball- pitcher throws the ball, batsman hits it. There are 4 bases. Crossing all four gets you point. Home run is directly a point. Three misses in a row is out, catch out and don't let the ball reach the base guard before you.

Cricket- see above.

Rugby- get to the opposite end.

NFL- get to the opposite end. 

44 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

It's funny though many people feel the opposite. A bit frustrated they moved the IPL matches to later times since it makes watching matches from Australia very difficult. 

No unbiased person who is aware of both games will say that a baseball game is more interesting than a T20.

6 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Anyways another frustrating start to Rajasthan Royals this season. Surely we'll win against RCB though....

Except Archer for RR and Chahal for RCB, both teams bowling lineup are absolutely thrash.

18 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

No unbiased person who is aware of both games will say that a baseball game is more interesting than a T20.

Don't watch sports. Of all the various shit I've played, didn't get the appeal in that one.