Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Segregation doesn't only apply to race. It's no matter to me, just seems a little hypocritical and counter productive. I understand why she's doing it, just think billing it as "for" women is more progressive than "only" women.

That seems effective from a marketing perspective for sure. In terms of hypocrisy, we (dudes) have basically run everything in almost all areas of the world for a couple thousand years. I don't think being excluded from one particular luxury retreat is gonna damage us at all.

37 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

It's no matter to me, but, isn't this technically...segregation? If it was whites only or blacks only, people would be throwing a fit, and rightfully so, so why is this fine? 

A bit similar why gym for female create less fit than a white only gym membership.

The motivations for a group of woman that want to train or tan at the beach (and get trunk without worrying about their glasses) without the male gaze are quite different than not wanting someone with a certain level of melanin.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

I have always thought Titanic is soppy crap, I've seen it several times over the years on DVD, TV etc and have never understood what everyone was so ecstatic about. But I just saw it in a cinema as I thought I'd give it another try.... and I finally got it. On the big screen it just made sense. It was kind of magical, otherworldly. I loved it.

Very glad to rewatch things sometimes :) and always good to see a movie in the place it belongs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Question: my cousin proposed to his gf this weekend and I filmed it. The video is like 166 megs, so too big to email. If I were to upload it to Youtube, could he pull it off Youtube and save it?

He could, but use something like Hightail or Dropbox instead. Or make it a private Vimeo video and allow downloading.

Edited by Telehilation
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

I have always thought Titanic is soppy crap, I've seen it several times over the years on DVD, TV etc and have never understood what everyone was so ecstatic about. But I just saw it in a cinema as I thought I'd give it another try.... and I finally got it. On the big screen it just made sense. It was kind of magical, otherworldly. I loved it.

Very glad to rewatch things sometimes :) and always good to see a movie in the place it belongs.

It's the same with Avatar, it's the cinematic experience of the century (I'm sorry). James "Jim" Cameron films are made for the big screen.

I watched T2 in cinema for the 1st time last year, the opening credits brought a tear to my eye.

I'm trying Netflix's Star Trek. Why are the crew explaining things to each other that they know?

Like one person says to the other "I've been your superior for 7 years" then the other says "I'm a microbiologist"

The writing is just embarrassing. Let's see. I'm just here for Jason Isaacs. (Hello to)

2 hours ago, Jandrew said:

It's no matter to me, but, isn't this technically...segregation? If it was whites only or blacks only, people would be throwing a fit, and rightfully so, so why is this fine? 

It is segregation, but segregation isn't innately evil or unnecessary. It's about intent. 

Edited by tribefan695

4 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Well I guess it is, because I just finished the episode and the whole thing was pretty painful. 

You can dislike or hate the episode but one dude listed as creator/writer isn't gonna dictate the whole series, especially when paired with another showrunner. :)