Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't mind reserved seating because the theater I frequent has those fancy recliner chairs where people can kick back and relax (or doze off lol). Hard to get a bad seat unless you're in the very first row (especially in the giant screen theater, why they even sell them is beyond me).

Recliner seats in movie theaters are the work of the devil and need to vanish off the face of the earth

The Thing kinda sucks, no? 

Take Alien. Replace its sleek, timeless creature designs with gross and dated ones. Replace Sigourney Weaver with a bunch of poorly drawn male characters. Switch space for Antarctica. Focus on gore instead of suspense. 

You have The Thing.

All the critics who panned it upon initial release were right on the money. 

Edited by La Binoche

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I can take or leave recliners. They've fucked up already low capacity at my AMC (though not as bad as other theaters).

My theater is now at about half the capacity they were before the switch. Not a bad trade since most shows don't sell out anyways.

I don't even really mind the Dodgers turning around and kicking the Gigantes butts the last couple of games, as it was utterly expected.  In some ways I'm happy they weren't swept.

What grinds my gears, and is an ill-omen for the rest of the season, is that the Giants offense has completely collapsed this series, after having a fairly strong spring.

Now spring training is spring training, and the ball flies in Arizona.  But, man, I just hope this is a case of the new Giants batters pressing and they'll eventually settle in.  Otherwise it's gonna be a loooooooong year for the team by the bay.

(tagging @Trolltastic Tele as it's only fair :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

So, it has begun, the beginning of my downfall. I have watched in these past few days 3 terrible movies, 3 terrible dubbed movies, that I would have never seen on my own otherwise. 

Meanwhile, Phantom Thread sits there, unwatched.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

In a youtube social experiment video called "asking 100 guys for sex", a girl goes up to a dude and asks him well, does he want to have sex. His reply: "let me get some gatorade first." Not naming any names, but no lie I immediately thought of BOT when I heard that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Take Alien. Replace its sleek, timeless creature designs with gross and dated ones. Replace Sigourney Weaver with a bunch of poorly drawn male characters. Switch space for Antarctica. Focus on gore instead of suspense. 

You have The Thing.

11-drake.jpg

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goffe said:

So, it has begun, the beginning of my downfall. I have watched in these past few days 3 terrible movies, 3 terrible dubbed movies, that I would have never seen on my own otherwise. 

Meanwhile, Phantom Thread sits there, unwatched.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

In a youtube social experiment video called "asking 100 guys for sex", a girl goes up to a dude and asks him well, does he want to have sex. His reply: "let me get some gatorade first." Not naming any names, but no lie I immediately thought of BOT when I heard that.

I doubt it's me because that implies I exercise :thinking: 

13 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

You have The Thing.

GloomyLimpBubblefish-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1