Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

For anyone who likes Science Fiction movies there's an interview series hosted by no other than James "Jim" Cameron.

He's interviewing big names who are connected to Sci-Fi movies like Ridley Scott, Spielberg, Nolan, Del Toro, Arnold, Keanu Reeves and more.

Here's a preview clip of Jim intervewing Spielberg

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/18/steven-spielberg-james-cameron-story-of-science-fiction/

You shouldn't miss JAMES CAMERON'S STORY OF SCIENCE FICTION

Also I think it's an excellent chance for BOT to learn of James Cameron's genius, maybe you'll come to understand me a little better.

Edited by IronJimbo

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

For anyone who likes Science Fiction movies there's an interview series hosted by no other than James "Jim" Cameron.

He's interviewing big names who are connected to Sci-Fi movies like Ridley Scott, Spielberg, Nolan, Del Toro, Arnold, Keanu Reeves and more.

Here's a preview clip of Jim intervewing Spielberg

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/18/steven-spielberg-james-cameron-story-of-science-fiction/

You shouldn't miss JAMES CAMERON'S STORY OF SCIENCE FICTION

Also I think it's an excellent chance for BOT to learn of James Cameron's genius, maybe you'll come to understand me a little better.

I’m pretty sure nobody has questioned Cameron’s abilities as a filmmaker 

• Like 1

At work right now, just need to scream to some has no knowledge of the current real estate deal:

I effing hate home inspectors.  First off, they book an appointment for 9AM, but show up at like 8:15AM, so even if you are super early, you are still late. It is a power play? Mind games? 

Then they go through and say stupid shit like “oh you need a railing for the front steps” even though code says it’s low enough that you don’t!  And say “oh this isn’t a problem now, but it COULD BE”. 🙄😤🤬

Stop 👏 scaring 👏 the 👏 buyers.  

Needless to say, this home inspection is not going as easy as it should. And if the buyer uses this to nickel and dime my seller, I am gonna respectively tell the seller that we should tell the buyer to buy the house or get lost. Market is good right now. We could easily sell this house for 2% to 6% more than we are. We just didn’t want to hassle, and had a buyer in hand. 

Argh.

thank you letting me get that out.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

I LOVE when people call me about jobs, and say "I've got your resume," and STILL talk to me just to go "Oh, you're not experienced enough."

You'd think a technical university would A) not push people through who weren't qualified, and B - understand that people could learn on the job, but I guess not. 

At least this is firm confirmation that even though you might not be qualified, someone is still looking at you. Better than nothing.

Hopefully I'm still the best candidate and they call back.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

At work right now, just need to scream to some has no knowledge of the current real estate deal:

I effing hate home inspectors.  First off, they book an appointment for 9AM, but show up at like 8:15AM, so even if you are super early, you are still late. It is a power play? Mind games? 

Then they go through and say stupid shit like “oh you need a railing for the front steps” even though code says it’s low enough that you don’t!  And say “oh this isn’t a problem now, but it COULD BE”. 🙄😤🤬

Stop 👏 scaring 👏 the 👏 buyers.  

Needless to say, this home inspection is not going as easy as it should. And if the buyer uses this to nickel and dime my seller, I am gonna respectively tell the seller that we should tell the buyer to buy the house or get lost. Market is good right now. We could easily sell this house for 2% to 6% more than we are. We just didn’t want to hassle, and had a buyer in hand. 

Argh.

thank you letting me get that out.

Update: Oh shit. The inspector and I got into it.  He was like “I don’t care about code, code is the bare minimum. If someone falls off that step is gonna Hurt”.  (the step is a 18”, if that, off the ground.) Then he went into the deck, and how it wasn’t built right and how 6,000 decks collapse a year and do I want that?!”  I just replied: “Sure. Sounds great.”  As I was thinking: Let me go tell my builder that he didn’t build his deck right. See how well THAT goes. 

He ended with he has been doing this for x amount of years and is very good at his job, and I just replied: “I am sure you are.”

Then he started slamming cabinets, and I just went to wait in the car. 

Thankfully, we know the buyer. And the buyer isn’t phased at all. He actually thought it was funny. I told him: “I usually do the inspections because nothing phases me. Oops.”

I am both embarassed and laughing hysterically. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1

When I was in pennsylvania last year I laughed when I saw a petrol station called Sheetz. Then I saw another one. And then another one. Drove to washington and they are everywhere on the way. Why, WHY, does a big chain call itself  Sheetz???

tbf I can't complain about US petrol stations even if they do have stupid names and weird service (you pay BEFORE you fill up? How retarded is that), because the petrol is so fucking cheap. You pay like under $3 for a gallon. We pay just under $2 for a litre here...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Trease is the Word said:

tbf I can't complain about US petrol stations even if they do have stupid names and weird service (you pay BEFORE you fill up? How retarded is that), because the petrol is so fucking cheap. You pay like under $3 for a gallon. We pay just under $2 for a litre here...

? You just swipe your card, and whatever you fill up is what is what is taken out of your account. Don't see what's so "retarded" about that. If you use cash you pay beforehand but you always know the exact amount you want.

Just now, Jandrew said:

? You just swipe your card, and whatever you fill up is what is what is taken out of your account. Don't see what's so "retarded" about that. If you use cash you pay beforehand but you always know the exact amount you want.

Why would you know the amount you want? You don't know how empty your tank is in litres/gallons etc

Just now, Trease is the Word said:

Why would you know the amount you want? You don't know how empty your tank is in litres/gallons etc

Wait what? You know how much gas you have by looking at the dashboard. And everyone generally uses a card. Only time you use cash is if you want a set amout ie $25, $30, $10, etc. It's not hard to calculate how much you need, nor does everyone "fill up" every time.

Sometimes you're in a rush and you just need $5 worth, or you don't want to use your credit card until you get paid, but don't want to spend all your cash. Or you're using someone elses car for an errand and only need to put back in a couple dollars worth of gas, not an entire tank. It's really not a hard concept.