Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

People were getting on me about dating guys and how I'm gay but don't know it yet, and I just said "let me date a girl first." I'm not homophobic at all and pretty comfortable with my sexuality.

If I may get real for a second, some of my gay friends tell me that they waited a while b/c they wanted to make super duper sure they weren't "normal" first. Even people who consider themselves super liberal and open can have those sorts of societal biases beaten into their subconsciouses growing up, and don't recognize until way later, if ever

Not saying anything about whether you're gay or not just want to be pretty clear how bad of an attitude that is

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I lack confidence and have a low self-esteem :kitschjob: 

You know what? I also struggle with those things. But I struggle with those things a lot less frequently than I used to. I talk to a psychiatrist. I'm on antidepressants. I've surrounded myself with supportive people. I dress in clothes that I like. I acknowledge that I am an attractive person by any conventional standard. I've started working out more. I openly share my feelings. It's little things man

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Are you 18? If so join a dating app. It could take some of the pressure off. 

I don't want to do online dating yet. You're basically judged by your looks until you meet irl. It seems dumb to criticize it when I'm a kissless virgin, but it feels super ingenuine 

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

You know what? I also struggle with those things. But I struggle with those things a lot less frequently than I used to. I talk to a psychiatrist. I'm on antidepressants. I've surrounded myself with supportive people. I dress in clothes that I like. I acknowledge that I am an attractive person by any conventional standard. I've started working out more. I openly share my feelings. It's little things man

DO YOUR LAUNDRY HAN

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

$5 says she says hi back. lol. I say hi to people I'm not particularly fond of. You gotta be a complete freak to make a big deal out of someone saying hi to you

If she doesn’t say hi back. Then she probably really shallow and not fun person to be around. 

Han I was joking about you being gay. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

^^^This (except for the working out part :lol:)

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I lack confidence and have a low self-esteem :kitschjob: 

I still lack confidence especially at work. I have low esteem. But just go in with positive attitude.  Think of your good qualities. If you feel insecure about anything talk about it. Talking about it really helps. I am guessing that girl lacks confidence and may have low self esteem. It is very common especially at a your age. You are entering adulthood. You are getting more responsibilities.

• Thanks 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm actually very good at doing laundry tyvm

Ppl who are good at laundry don't go a month between sheet washings

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1